The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

todays racing post

Home Forums Horse Racing todays racing post

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    runandskip
    • Total Posts 412

i thought todays racing post is pathetic in trying to give as little mention of todays racing plus chase as possible.
    they are obviously worried about their improving rival but they are doing their readers a diservice by this attitude.
    i wish racing plus every success with its new look and as for the racing post it needs to GROW UP!

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4704

Pretty pathetic for them not to put Kempton in the middle of the paper either I thought.

And bearing in mind their competitor has a truly dire website, I wouldn’t be in the slightest bit worried about them.

phil walker
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1376

I’m so glad it isn’t just me who think today’s Racing Post is a joke. While the card at Kempton isn’t brilliant it certainly deserves to be in the middle pages. Pathetic.

Lone Wolf
    • Total Posts 614

I don’t need any more excuses to not buy the RP in any format.

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 28423

Pretty pathetic for them not to put Kempton in the middle of the paper either I thought.

And bearing in mind their competitor has a truly dire website, I wouldn’t be in the slightest bit worried about them.

Zark,
    I don’t buy the Racing Post unless I go racing these days. But to be fair…
    Racing Post has a policy of putting the most valuable card on the centre pages.

From my calculations Kempton adds up to £52,612.
    Newcastle adds up to £53,012

I presume Newcastle is in the centre pages?

It has nothing to do with snubbing a rival.

Am sure had the Racing Post still been sponsering the Kempton race, they’d have made sure the prize-money was the most valuable card.

Value Is Everything
    Glenn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1984

I think you’ve got your calculations wrong. The prize money for the winner of the Racing Plus Chase alone is 57k.

Whichever way you look at it Kempton was a more important card than Newcastle.

I read that they weren’t allowing Racing Post salesmen at Kempton and, in reply, the Post’s website coverage of the day’s big race has been what could best be described as minimalist.

betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2789

I read that they weren’t allowing Racing Post salesmen at Kempton and, in reply, the Post’s website coverage of the day’s big race has been what could best be described as minimalist.

Childishness begets childishness then!

Mike

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 28423

I think you’ve got your calculations wrong. The prize money for the winner of the Racing Plus Chase alone is 57k.

Whichever way you look at it Kempton was a more important card than Newcastle.

Ooops :oops:

Sorry Zark, a miscalculated.

Value Is Everything
    Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4704

Well I think it’s utterly pathetic from both camps quite frankly. It’s not as if ITV & BBC refuse to acknowledge the existence of Strictly Come Dancing or X Factor or whatever other shows are competing for ratings.

What’s more pathetic is that the RP needn’t worry about the competitor IMO – a shoddy website, by all accounts a shoddy newspaper and after having considered it for a couple of days, downright shoddy marketing by choosing to sponsor the race formerly known as the Racing Post Chase. The abbreviation stays the same (RP Chase), and everybody knows the RP as the Racing Post.

Although bearing in mind some of the tweets that the RP Editor Bruce Millington comes out with, I’m not that surprised by the childness.

Does anybody know who’s backing the R+? I noticed that their editor is Chris Smith, formerly the editor of the RP.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4704

2012, Racing Plus Chase

VETERAN chaser Nacarat could attempt to win a second consecutive Betfred Bowl at Aintree’s Grand National meeting after delighting fans with victory at Kempton on Saturday.

The Tom George-trained 11-year-old won Kempton’s Grade 3 Racing Plus Chase after running out a clear winner from Hector’s Choice.

However, the popular grey will only run in the Grade 1 Bowl at Aintree if he gets the same good ground he thrived on at Kempton, his trainer said.

"He’ll miss Cheltenham. He went to Punchestown last year but we won’t do that. He’ll go to Aintree if the ground is right but the ground is so important to him," George said.

2011, Racing Post Chase

QUINZ put in a gallant galloping performance to give Richard Johnson a fifth win in the Racing Post Chase and provide trainer Philip Hobbs with a fourth.

Johnson was seen at his best in the closing stages as he pushed Quinz into the final fence and then urged him to find more on the run-in as it looked for all the world as if 50-1 Mount Oscar was going to overhaul him under Aidan Coleman.

Nacarat, second in the Racing Post Chase last year and winner the year before, ran another big race to take third, whileHey Big Spender, stablemate of the runner-up, finished fourth.

Safari Adventures set off at a scorching gallop with Nacarat and Quinz stalking him all the way round and, when that one dropped away deep down the back straight for the second time, it looked as if the two of them would be left to battle out the finish.

But with Nacarat having to carry 12lb more than Quinz, the weight difference started to take its toll as they headed up the home straight with Mount Oscar coming from way back to lay down the gauntlet to Quinz.

Making up ground hand over fist he looked certain to reel in Johnson’s mount, but a strong drive from the perennial runner-up in the jockeys’ title saw Quinz emerge a length and a quarter to the good.
    Quinz and Richard Johnson are led into the winners enclosure after winning the Racing Post Chase Kempton 26.02.2011

Johnson, whose last win in the race came on Farmer Jack in 2005, said of the winner: "He’s got his confidence this year. As a novice the main thing was to get out the gate and give him some light. He jumped from fence to fence and I just had to point him."

This was a third win of the season for Quinz, whose only defeat this term came when he finished third behind hot RSA Chase favourite Time For Rupert.

Hobbs said of the 8-1 chance: "The ground was definitely a minus and Richard said he’d be a better horse on better ground. He’s in the Andy Stewart race [the Stewart Family Spinal Research Handicap Chase] at Cheltenham but he’s not in the RSA and when he ran at Cheltenham last time it was probably not the right track.

"He’s in the Grand National but Richard’s first reaction to that was ‘no’. He’s probably not grown up enough but, having said that, he’ll never have the same mark again."

The win saw Johnson and Hobbs complete quick Kempton doubles having won the Racing Post Weekender Pendil Novices’ Chase with Captain Chris.

CarryOnKatie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 569

Well I think it’s utterly pathetic from both camps quite frankly. It’s not as if ITV & BBC refuse to acknowledge the existence of Strictly Come Dancing or X Factor or whatever other shows are competing for ratings.

What’s more pathetic is that the RP needn’t worry about the competitor IMO – a shoddy website, by all accounts a shoddy newspaper and after having considered it for a couple of days, downright shoddy marketing by choosing to sponsor the race formerly known as the Racing Post Chase. The abbreviation stays the same (RP Chase), and everybody knows the RP as the Racing Post.

Although bearing in mind some of the tweets that the RP Editor Bruce Millington comes out with, I’m not that surprised by the childness.

Does anybody know who’s backing the R+? I noticed that their editor is Chris Smith, formerly the editor of the RP.

I originally thought it was a misprint when I first heard this years race was the "Racing Plus" Chase!

Can’t decide if this marketing tactic was an almost guerillaesque attempt by R+ to take on enemy ground (i.e were RP ejected by Kempton) or was the race available for sponsorship this year? (i.e. did RP reliquish what was traditionally "their" day – probably to fund their tie in with the Arkle, which in turn complememts their sponsorship of the Leopardstown 2mile novice on St Stephens/Boxing Day)?

Maybe one of those on here in the know will put me straight.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4704

***Deleted for fear of more people without a sense of humour thinking my post was serious. Pathetic***

Lone Wolf
    • Total Posts 614

Judging by your username you’re a female with a child, therefore you’re unavailable to sleep with, so I see no point in answering your question.

Even by your standards, that’s just plain stupid.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4704
    betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2789

Judging by your username you’re a female with a child, therefore you’re unavailable to sleep with, so I see no point in answering your question.

Am I missing some ironic angle to this?

I hope so. If not, that is quite the most pathetic post I’ve ever read on this forum.

Mike

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4704

Incredible, on a forum of supposed intelligent people, that the first 2 people to reply actually think my post was serious. Astounding.

betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2789

Incredible, on a forum of supposed intelligent people, that the first 2 people to reply actually think my post was serious. Astounding.

Mmmm…’incredible’ and ‘astounding’?

Well, not really. If someone female posts an intelligent question on this site and the response is:

‘Judging by your username you’re a female with a child, therefore you’re unavailable to sleep with, so I see no point in answering your question’

you may wonder why she would ever post again.

There is no sense that this is a ‘joke’ – where is the implication that it is?

A crude, bullying post in my view. To use the excuse of all around you having a sense of humour failure is utterly predictable I’m afraid. A man would apologise.

Mike

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.