The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The William Hill King George

Home Forums Horse Racing The William Hill King George

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Leeknowles1
    • Total Posts 100

Apologies for this being in the wrong section, I only put it in here as i checked out the "Big race discussion" thread and there was very little activity, this being a big occasion and with a little festive spirit, I hope you can let this one go!

The william hill king george looks a mouthwatering affair doesnt it?

And after failing to rememeber to organise tickets to the kempton thriller i will have to take my 2nd choice, the sofa with a beer, Not a bad alternative eh?

I think we can crack this one, and i hope to get alot of activity so i can piece together a final 1-2-3 for the big race and we can all sleep easy in our beds. (and with the perfect amount of runners to get 3 places, it looks interesting)

Ill kick start this one off, you dont have to go into as much detail as i would however i would like an explanation as to what your win and eachway bets are and why… Yes i would like a WIN and EACHWAY Bet for this race from each of you!

Here we go.

Kauto star – What can we say about kauto, he is a grand old veteran who oozes class on his day, last time out he literally jumped long run into submission, and i fancy him to do it again, he has always used the betfair chase as a stepping stone for this race, a prep run, which could suffer his chances on boxing day as his regime for the last few years has changed however i feel hes flexible enough to cope, it will be interesting to read paul nicholls betfair blog prior to the race, unless he states "He cannot win" ill back king kauto to make history. Last time out he jumped superbly, as kauto and long run jumped the last it looked as though kauto was running through treacle, almost switching off as long run began to stay on, ruby soon got him shaken up and he picked up to score by 8L

Kauto Star – Win (1st) If he drifts to 5/1 Back eachway (Evens for 2nd or 3rd looks safe)

Longrun – A classy horse who when he puts his best foot forward looks like kautos successor, However kauto is still around and jumping well, something which we cant repeat about this fellas last performance, he never looked wound up for the race at haydock, and i think that could of damaged his training regime for this race, if hes well, and jumps he should win, however at the price, and with kauto star who jumped for his career last time like a champion, i wouldnt risk it!

Long run – no bet (2nd)

The 3rd place Looks a nightmare to pick with Somersby, Master minded and captain chris, never tackling this trip…

HOWEVER! There has to be a selection and after alot of brain racking, I have chosen Captain Chris

The Captain is always a clean jumper, however he did look unlucky last time when staying on well when outpaced, the soft ground and a decent pace should suit him well with his running style, and i feel he will stay on the best of the rest for 3rd.

Captain chris Eachway 9/1 (3rd

Good luck!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.