The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The Weekend's Racing

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks The Weekend's Racing

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Blunkett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 423

Didn’t really know where to put this, but I guess it belongs in here as it will include talk about the Ladbroke and the Long Walk.

Any strong fancies over the next day or so?

Starting with Ascot today and the Noel Novice Chase looks a fascinating race. Chablais, Micheal Flips, Zaynar, Kumbeshwar and a French PFN horse that I can’t spell. I’ll be backing Chablais in this – he looks an impressive beast. Flips finished second to Cue Card FTO and followed up with a solid if unspectacular win and Zaynar will be there or thereabouts without showing the will to live. PFN’s horse beat Eradicate by a snot in a 2 horse race and that has since re-appeared, winning a minor affair and then getting thumped by The Arkle Winner(!) at Sandown. Can’t have him. Kumbeshwar was a smart juvenile who lost his way over hurdles, before making a smart debut – but he has to improve.

Hazy Tom looks a good thing today too, based on what we’ve seen so far. Molotof has to give him 3lbs and that looks a tough ask. However, I’ll not be playing at the forecast price, instead I’ve taken 20s for the Neptune at the Festival.

There’s a big handicap hurdle too, with any number of unexposed animals in the field. I like the look of Piraya, who has a nice racing weight, and my favourite apprentice takes off a handy 5lbs too.

I’ll be revisiting this thread later with regards to tomorrow’s racing, but Gibbs River will be getting backed in the meantime.

Good luck all.

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2730

Can’t understand anyone backing Chablais if they’d seen it’s first run. More importantly, i can’t understand why Henderson kept it right handed after he said he wouldn’t !
    Unless there’s a plot.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.