The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tingle Creek 2008

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Tingle Creek 2008

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 223 total)
  • Author
    halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

What are the odds on Twist Magic finishing last? Cracking bet I’d say.

Takeroc would surely be the only ‘threat’ if he jumps…and finds anything when asked…and shows some stomach for it…

I cant have Takeroc. Tidal Bay had the better of Takeroc last time they met on level weights at this distance by a whole 6 lengths.

I like Tidal Bay for tomorrow. Back down to the 2m trip at which Tidal Bay excels in but will Master Minded be too good? Time will tell.

I’ll watch the markets for where I go I think. If MM does indeed start drifting slightly I’ll be more interested in having a decent bet. Twist Magic does look very big for a past winner of this.

All the best to Darren for tomorrow – hope ‘Flipper’ does a ‘Snoopy’ tomorrow and come home at a big price. If ‘Flipper’ does win tomorrow it’ll be the 3rd morning-line 50-1 chance that beats a solid Nicholls favourite in as many weeks

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

We all know Tidal Bay is capable of making the occasional jumping mistake and it will only take one to end his chances in this race.

Master Minded is the most likely winner in almost ideal conditions, but I think Takeroc is a cracking each-way and forecast bet. He ran extremely well behind Tidal Bay at Aintree and was hardly shown up behind subsequent winner Chomba Womba last time. He’s got plenty of class and a good degree of potential.

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

What are the odds on Twist Magic finishing last? Cracking bet I’d say.

Takeroc would surely be the only ‘threat’ if he jumps…and finds anything when asked…and shows some stomach for it…

I cant have Takeroc. Tidal Bay had the better of Takeroc last time they met on level weights at this distance by a whole 6 lengths.

I like Tidal Bay for tomorrow. Back down to the 2m trip at which Tidal Bay excels in but will Master Minded be too good? Time will tell.

I’ll watch the markets for where I go I think. If MM does indeed start drifting slightly I’ll be more interested in having a decent bet. Twist Magic does look very big for a past winner of this.

All the best to Darren for tomorrow – hope ‘Flipper’ does a ‘Snoopy’ tomorrow and come home at a big price. If ‘Flipper’ does win tomorrow it’ll be the 3rd morning-line 50-1 chance that beats a solid Nicholls favourite in as many weeks

A ‘whole’ six lengths?

Of all the tracks in britain, Sandown would surely top the list if one was hoping for a six length reversal in a return match?…even with a schlong like Takeroc :wink:

• Total Posts 1982

Interesting to read Graham Wylie’s comments about the future objectives of his horse.

"If he can match it with them then we know he’s a two-mile horse. If he’s well beaten we’ll step him up in trip".

It appears that if he runs well today the King George will be a no-no. Disappointing news if that’s the case. It didn’t do One Man any harm going to Kempton before a tilt at the Champion Chase. He looks like he’ll get the trip and Kempton will suit. He’s also a full brother to Whistling Straits, who’s been competitive over three miles.

Oh well, not to worry, I’m off to Sandown in a few hours (for the first time) for what looks a great days racing and the weather report is promising. Looking forward to the big clash and wouldn’t miss it for anything.

Enjoy! (PS My vote for forumite of the year has just seen Fist take the lead – I hope he doesn’t idle in front!)

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Personally would love a match bet:

Flipper vs. Twist Magic – lets put it this way I won´t be backing the 12f chaser that is Twist Magic :wink:

• Total Posts 2440

Dont know about everybody else, but i am really, really looking forward to this race.

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

Same here, Gaz

Lets hope it lives up to expectation. The last two races on C4 were absolutely superb to watch – imagine if we got a finish between Tidal Bay and Master Minded like we just had between Free World and Araldur!

Even better, Imagine if Darren’s ‘Flipper’ came up with a shock win.

Go on Flipper!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Personally would love a match bet:

Flipper vs. Twist Magic – lets put it this way I won´t be backing the 12f chaser that is Twist Magic :wink:

10/1 flipper v 1/4 Twist magic

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

I’ll have to go for TB on his ability to stay and recover from a mistake….

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Erm well that went well. Looks like Flipper is fine mind and hope you enjoy the day out Darren :)

I’d have taken some of that 10’s too

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Not sure what to make of TB’s effort. Was he wanting for pace? He certainly jumped slow on a few occasions. MM smooth and impressive.

• Total Posts 2440

Fantastic from Master Minded.

I was on Twist Magic EW, absolutely gutted that he got in too close to the 2nd last.

Tidal Bay needs stepping up in trip, no doubt about it, and to be fair to Howard Johnson, he said as much before the race.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

Tidal who? For those who doubted the class of master minded before that race, he done that without even breaking sweat. I could watch that horse all day.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Tidal Bay looked a bit outclassed – he’d have been third at best had Twist Magic stood up, stayed on well enough but get the impression that the 2m 5f Ryanair might be the race for him at the Festival.

• Total Posts 1415

Impressive Master Minded. Interesting to see Twist Magic running a big race before falling that was a shame looked like it could’ve been a close thing.

Tidal Bay needs further IMO I’d be aiming him at the King George.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

good to see Twist magic get up after that fall..looked awful.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Twist would have shaken the Master there No doubt! we were unlucky Gaz
    i still think he"s a Champion chase horse. Keep the faith

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 223 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.