The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tingle Creek 2008

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Tingle Creek 2008

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 223 total)
  • Author
    Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

This is the clash I have been waiting for since Tidal Bay won at Aintree.

Master Minded 186 V Tidal Bay 166 is going to look very stupid after this meeting should it take place.

Tidal Bay give the impression he has no interest whatsoever in losing any race he takespart in. Game, Classy and wih speed to burn, Master Minded has never met such a talented horse since he set foot on a race course.

To put the record straight I had my biggest bet ever on Master Minded for the QMCC and when he slaughtered the opposition immediately backed him again for this seasons renewal. I’m supposed to be a fan :)

However we are all allowed to change our minds and after watching Master Minded fold up like a pack of cards at Aintree long before stamina came into play I think we could have a grossly overrated horse on our hands.

I have seen many great performances in my time and granted Master Minded’s was one of the best ever. The way he skipped round the bend when going for home reminded me of Arkle “himself” but I believe he was made better to look than he really is….mainly due to the fact the opposition was absolute rubbish in comaprison to past winners of the race.

VPU never has been and never will be my idea of a true 2 mile Champion and I doubt if he would have won in any other year since the day it was first run. The rest in the race aren’t even worth discussing they were so moderate.

I am not out to offend anyone it’s just the way I see it. Master Minded is lovely horse as is VPU but this Tidal Bay for me is a machine…a machine who tends to root the odd fence granted but given a clear round I think Master Minded will be unable to handle him.

Be good lads and grab all the 7/2 you can get Xmas has come early. That is unless someone knows anything about him not going to run???????????????

Mind you having backed MM for the QMCC it doesn’t really matter to me if I am wrong.

• Total Posts 1688

What price did you get for the QMCC? You must have taken your entire profits from this year to lumped it on? He was 4/5 when the markets opened, right? No?

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Personally, i could not oppose MM, as much as I am a fan of Tiday Bay.

MM was something special at Cheltenham – only the one flop at Aintree but surely he did not stay? (I know he’s run over 2m 4f in France, but was that a good race?)

I will be very impressed if Tidal Bay can master him here – he will have other days.

Zip

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

6/4 M the day he won. The speedies got 5/2 would you believe?

Wasn’t a great race that one in France Zippy you woldn’t even have thought it was Master Minded he looked very ordinary and the other horse simply ran away from him. Don’t know what they paid for him but it wasn’t enough if he’s as good as the QMCC made him look. BTW it’s on U-tube somewhere,

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Tidal Bays jumping hasnt always been the best and the railway fences are probably as tough a test of jumping rhytmn and technique as you can expect to find anywhere

Its a race to watch but i could see MM running Tb off his feet and exposing his technique before they reach the final bend

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

didn’t connections of MM in France say they only sold him because he couldn’t fulfill his true potentiol if he remained in France? [mind you, they would say that, wouldn’t they!!]

MCFC Stan
    • Total Posts 377

I’m a big fan of Tidal Bay but unless its very heavy I can’t see him beating Master Minded round Sandown over 2m. Yes he won the Arkle, but it wasn’t the greatest ever Grade 1 like the previous year’s and I feel his best form and distance will be over 2m 4f plus, though not sure he’s yet ready to win a King George. The rest of the field looks a little disappointing for a race of that nature and maybe something like Takeroc can get involved at a nice price.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

I’ve just read that ‘Flipper’ is running..what price is he? 66/1

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I think 2m is way too short for Tidal bay, and even if he does win he will be an even better horse over further, he is a rare talent, because i have no doubt he would stay 31/4m aswell.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

didn’t connections of MM in France say they only sold him because he couldn’t fulfill his true potentiol if he remained in France? [mind you, they would say that, wouldn’t they!!]

More to do with the distance of French chases I think, moehat. Most of the Graded chases at Auteuil have a minimum trip of 18f, with the majority of those that really count between 21f and 29f. There simply isn’t the programme in France for a top-class 2m chaser.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

Wouldn’t it be poetic justice if Sam Thomas won the race aboard last year’s winner.

Nice thought, but I can’t see it though. The obvious choice is Master Minded, and you know me and obvious choices. So, MM it is then. :wink:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

There is heavy rain forecast for London for Thursday – if it came up soft then it could ask a few questions of MM’s stamina

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

Flipper it is then..I’m off to the bookies…….

• Total Posts 1982

Mmm…my choice might appear obvious, but I’ll let you guess for the time being. I might surprise you. :wink:

mickeddy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 104

Connections are obviously going for this. I see AP McCoy is going to ride which is hard on Thomas but probably better for the horse. I also am a Tidal Bay fan but have to agree that I think he needs further than this 2m. If Master Minded is on top of his game, and it would be foolish to run him if his trainer didn’t think he was, then he should win this.
    Mike.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

This has echoes of the tallk before Aintee when you were all afraid to oppose the Might Master Minded………..I’m telling you trust me and back Tidal bay,,,,,,this MM is a flash in the pan…..I should add I am pissed as a fart

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

What you drinking Fist? Mines a Brandy and coke!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 223 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.