The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ryanair Chase 2007

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Ryanair Chase 2007

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

I’ll do some donkey work here and give you the best prices:

Exotic Dancer 7/2 (VC Bet, Stan James)<br>My Way De Solzen 5/1 (Coral)<br>Forget The Past 6/1 (VC Bet, Ladbrokes)<br>Monets Garden 7/1 (VC Bet, Sporting Odds)<br>Racing Demon 7/1 (Betfred, Stan James)<br>In Compliance 10/1 (Sporting Odds)<br>Our Vic 12/1 (Sporting Odds)<br>14/1 Bar

My point is how many of these horses are likely to run? I don’t think any of these horses that run in the Ryanair will be as big on the day. Are any of these confirmed runners? I may even consider backing Our Vic for the first time ever!:o

aston
    • Total Posts 168

2 of the more likely runners are Racing Demon and Forget The Past I would have thought. Both seem very good value.

doyley
    Participant
    • Total Posts 567

Hi,

Even if all run, those prices, overall, appear too compressed to me.<br>I certainly would not entertain any ante-post on any Handicap at The Festival, simply, as you corrcetly put it, they may not run!!

Secondly, I am being a cynical, mean spirited, conspiracy theorist here….a trainer could easily put up his horse for a particular race, only to withdraw it nearer the day, and make a handsome profit…without spoon feeding you, I am implying the use of EXCHANGES!!

But surely our GB and Irish gentlemen trainers’ would never even consider such a devious project…:cool:

God, I feel dirty for even suggesting such a wheeze, I shall admonish myself severely, whip myself [ala Mad Monk from Da Vinci]…and LAY down :(

regards,

doyley

• Total Posts 2065

:o That told me!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17722

Taranis (16/1) finished close up behind Exotic Dancer lto, on ground too soft for him, and if he runs well Saturday, (Totesport Hdl, Sandown – 7/2 fav currently), he is likely to be less than half that price.

dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

taranis is also in the racing post chase at kempton i think. the easy 3 miles should suit him and he is unexposed at the trip. i should think he will be favourite for that.

roryrory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Quote: from reet hard on 7:14 pm on Feb. 1, 2007[br]Taranis (16/1) finished close up behind Exotic Dancer lto, on ground too soft for him, and if he runs well Saturday, (Totesport Hdl, Sandown – 7/2 fav currently), he is likely to be less than half that price.<br>

….and if he runs poorly, will be treble that price ;)  

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17722

Quote: from rory on 7:36 pm on Feb. 1, 2007[br]

Quote: from reet hard on 7:14 pm on Feb. 1, 2007[br]Taranis (16/1) finished close up behind Exotic Dancer lto, on ground too soft for him, and if he runs well Saturday, (Totesport Hdl, Sandown – 7/2 fav currently), he is likely to be less than half that price.<br>

….and if he runs poorly, will be treble that price ;)  <br>

<br> And, if he does, maybe you would  be prepared to lay him at such a price?;)

roryrory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Can’t say I’m into laying 50/1 shots, but I’d be prepared to take on Taranis in any race over fences at the market price. Don’t tell PN, but the horse ain’t as good as he thinks he is. ;)

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

Doyley – the Ryanair isn’t a handicap…..

If My Way De Solzen turns up it’s his for the taking IMO.  I hope Kingy runs him in it as it seems the obvious race for him to me.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Although they’ve had plenty placed, the Nicholls yard has gone nearly 2 weeks without a winner and are on a losing run of 23. It would be enough to stop me steaming into Taranis this weekend.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17722

Quote: from davidjohnson on 6:44 pm on Feb. 2, 2007[br]Although they’ve had plenty placed, the Nicholls yard has gone nearly 2 weeks without a winner and are on a losing run of 23. It would be enough to stop me steaming into Taranis this weekend.

DJ

I wouldn’t let a stat like that worry me too much. Considering the paucity of decent races in the past fortnight, most  of his horses would have been ineligible. :) <br>More of a worry in Taranis’s case would be the ground, the stiff 2m 6f, and the ten week’s absence.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17722

<br>It might be worth pointing out that Paul Nicholls did say that most of his string were given their periodic injections last month, and he did expect a quiet time until February.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I quite like Kasbah Bliss in the valuable handicap hurdle. Course form could be rated as high as you like and the way he responded having been off the bridle a fair way out that day suggests this trip should suit.

• Total Posts 2065

The trip would be a huge concern for me DJ given the amount of weight it is carrying. It has to improve for the trip and whilst it may do, I am quite keen to take it onm as any stamina worries will be exposed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.