The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The Oaks 2015

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion The Oaks 2015

Viewing 13 posts - 120 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6320

Does this result mean TAPK has lost his crown mmmmmmmmm???

It is nice to know that someone as expert and so often right as the regal one gets it massively wrong sometimes!!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

I think speedier types might have fought out the finish because their natural speed stood them in good stead in what seemed to me to be a slowly-run race.

Participant
    • Total Posts 525

I don’t buy the Legatissimo didn’t stay thing. She was beaten a nose on the stiffest mile and a half in the world after getting really worked up before the race. She ran a blinder considering how worked up she got.

Crystal Zvezda pulled like a train. I think she is a speedier horse than this test required and a fast pace over a shorter trip will help her.

Diamondsandrubies was unlucky not to finish closer she got bullied on the inside.

How that thing Qualify won I’ll never know and anyone who picked it got lucky as much as anything else – though very well done to them. There was absolutely nothing, anywhere in her profile that suggested she could win an Oaks. I wouldn’t back her to win another race.

Participant
    • Total Posts 525

I think speedier types might have fought out the finish because their natural speed stood them in good stead in what seemed to me to be a slowly-run race.

Maybe but it’s still a stiff mile and a half and they would’ve wanted to have been quickening earlier than they had to today had they been running at a lesser trip. In a slowly run race you don’t want to be too far off the pace and the way the race was run today wouldn’t really have suited some horses.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Yeah, the stamina types who couldn’t quicken quickly enough. But the quicker horses were able to quicken as a result of their natural speed. I think we’ll see a different AOB filly winning the Irish Oaks.

Participant
    • Total Posts 537

A masterclass in disguising ability. The winner finally asked to win.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Well then why did they sell her last year…?

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

A masterclass in disguising ability. The winner finally asked to win.

Ballydoyle is a betting stable, if they “disguised Qualify’s ability” then how come they allowed her to go off such a big price? :unsure:
    You might have had a point if the filly had been well backed from 50/1 down to 10/1, but that did not happen.
    You don’t make sense.

Value Is Everything
    mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1757

Jim McGrath mistakenly said that fastnet Rock wasn’t on the coolmore raster anymore. He is very much the top stallion for coolmore In Australia. With stravagante(by rip van winkle) and pethers moon(by Dylan Thomas) it was a good couple of days for coolmore stallions if not for aobs stable. Could be aobs three year olds are late developers(like Adelaide) and ballydoyle may be much stronger late August/ early September.

Participant
    • Total Posts 537

They could get plenty on without affecting the betting dramatically.

Participant
    • Total Posts 7519

Meanwhile, back on planet Earth…

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1757

It will be hard to make a book for the irish oaks after the oaks. Depends who goes to the ribblesdale at ascot but diamonds and rubies I would think,at the moment,looks the likeliest winner.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

How much money do you think it requires to get a horse to move from 6/1 to 5/1 vs the money required to get a horse to move from 50/1 to 16/1?

Viewing 13 posts - 120 through 132 (of 132 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.