The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Dan Brown

Home Forums Lounge Dan Brown

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    yorkshirepudding
    • Total Posts 608

The UK cover has a masonic symbol on it and washington DC. This chap can really make friends anmd influence people, first the Catholic church now the freemasons..
    Will he need police protection? Will he die a sinister death as a result?
    A theory is that the major landmarks in Washington DC are laid out like a Cumpass and a Square, how ever when you put this theory too the test it proves negative when you take a view of the city if the air.

I will read the back and have a chuckle, but i am not buying it, the last one was ok, but that was it, nothing specail.

What does anyone else think?

Gerald
    • Total Posts 4293

Seems formulaic – once you’ve read one you’ve read them all. Similar scenario about layout of buildings in Angels And Demons.

I thought that there is supposedly a secret American society anyway (can’t remember the name). Couldn’t he have had a go at them instead of the Freemasons?

yorkshirepudding
    • Total Posts 608

Angels and demons was that dull i didnt finnish it….

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Angels and demons was that dull i didnt finnish it….

Strange that – I suppose everyone has different tastes.

It was the first Dan Brown book I read and I could not put it down, so much so I was up until the weesmall hours as I read the book in one sitting.

None of his other books have been as good as Angels

yorkshirepudding
    • Total Posts 608

True, if we all had the same tastes it would be dull/.

I wonder if dan brown will hoards of men in pinnies threatening too do him in. :lol:

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

I read the first book about the Catholics, which was a pretty good story but quite badly written. I thought it was a bit far fetched but it’s only a fiction novel?

The next one, which is sitting on my ‘books to read pile’ I don’t think I’ll bother with. This was all explored by David Icke a few years back and although it appears to be true, positioning of buildings, statues, icons, symbology on money, etc. It is can be explained by coincidence or syncronicity, as almost any symbol/pattern can be found in any random ordering of basically anything.

The human thought process which tries to close loops in logic that it can’t understand might be a better subject for a book. You could write it about collateral form study .. :D

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.