The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The Ladbroke 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion The Ladbroke 2009

Viewing 3 posts - 18 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    dunk disorderly
    • Total Posts 26

The part im clinging onto is that Henderson does so well with these horses fresh and Spate river won a smaller Handicap at Cheltenham last week.He should know where he stands with THIS SMART recruit!

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Good Lord was priced up more on his beating of Bel La Vie (who clearly ran below par) than any other piece of form in the book – I thought that 9/4 in the morning was a fair price to be fair, it’s about finding the right horses in the right races.

I’d be keen to take on any French horse with McCoy on tbh – i don’t think his style suits them as the ride on Good Lord proved, he doesn’t seem able to just hunt round and put a horse in the race using hands and heels. If it needs driving then he’s fine but other than that I think he struggles. I doubt he’d have won on Doctor Pat at Sandown the other week and he does seem lost if he’s not having to ride one or drive it hard.

12/1 or 14’s was a fair price about Stravinsky Dance – she could be really well handicapped but at shorter you’re taking a gamble that Henderson and before him Jehan Bertran De Balanda found out what was wrong in each of her last two races. She’s been in the UK since the end of June so you’d be hopeful they know what they’re doing with her.

• Total Posts 1217

21 declared – will be going for Frontier Dancer (12/1), Fairyland (8/1) and outsider Gee Dee Nen (25/1) as my three here – hopefully racing will go ahead as it will be an intriguing event.

Viewing 3 posts - 18 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.