The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The Betfred Classic Chase

Home Forums Horse Racing The Betfred Classic Chase

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2802

Haven’t noticed a thread for this so apologies if there is one

Neptune Equester is weighted to win one of these valuable staying handicaps but i have niggling doubts as to the approach connections will take
    They’re aiming for the National. He could have fared better at Wetherby but was never put into the race. His mark of 136 here would suffice for many Nationals but it would be prudent to have a mark around 140, just in case.
    So – will they try and win ? I don’t see many others with chances and the price has come in a few points in recent days, so if they go for a win here and do so by several lengths, the horse could be raised to c.144 before the National weights come out. A place would result in a return to a mark of 138-140.
    Ellison is a canny fella.

Other than that it’s Strongbows Legend – the jockeys 5lb claim counteracting the horse being 5lb out of the handicap.

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1890

He does look a pretty good bet, subject to the usual provisos with the jumps, i.e. that his jumping holds up and he can avoid trouble. I’ve also done Faasel, and may do them in a small forecast.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.