The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

the best 5f trainer and why?

Home Forums Horse Racing the best 5f trainer and why?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    itsawar
    • Total Posts 213

Having recently gone into a lengthy discussion with some of my racing chums, i have decided to put it to the on-line racing community by asking "who is the best 5f trainer and why?" (please feel free to elaborate your answers, cheers)

thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5551

Dandy Nicholls, the ‘Sprint King’, seems to excel in the sprint field.

tbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

Dandy Nicholls certainly is a top 5f trainer, Bryan Smart is also top draw with his sprinters and another to add to the list is Kevin Ryan, those would be my top 3.

There are many a decent trainer of a 5f horse, Richard Price can certainly train them, great job he done with Cheveton, Henry Candy, Tim Easterby and plenty more but my top 3 would be those I mentioned earlier with Dandy keeping hold of his crown for now though if Bryan Smart keeps getting some more ammunition they’ll be having a ding dong over the next couple of years!

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

It really depends whether you mean juveniles as well. Dandy had a poor season last year but he is still the current leader. I’m not sure that any of the current crop quite matches Jack Berry. Bill O’Gorman was another who thought any horse that ran over further than 7 furlongs was a stayer.

DaveMonk
    • Total Posts 153

I’m not sure that any of the current crop quite matches Jack Berry.quote]

An absolute sprint king albeit mainly at the lower level. Some of his horses used to go on forever and ever. Great to see the trademark red shirt lives on!

Alderbrook
    • Total Posts 349

David Loder. His horses never got beyond that distance.

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

Bill Turner, twice as many winners at 5-6f as all other distances combined and Dusty Dazzler broke the course record at Lingfield when I backed it.

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 28471

Roger Charlton is excellent with class sprinters.

Tamarisk, Patavellian, Tante Rose, Avonbridge…

This year: Bated Breath, Definightly, Genki…

Value Is Everything
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.