The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

That’lldoboy

Home Forums Memorials That’lldoboy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

Paul Nicholls lost That’lldoboy at Exeter today. He collapsed and died after finishing fourth in the handicap chase.

RIP

RubyLight
    • Total Posts 320

That is very sad. What a shame for such a young horse. Never seemed to have luck on his side.
    Rest in Peace

mamamia
    • Total Posts 50

Why does a 6 year old horse collapse and die?? So many incidents of this recently, its almost becoming an occupational hazard. Very sad for all concerned. RIP beautiful boy. :( :(

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

I have a bit of a theory about "ungenuine" horses. Just from noticing trends among those who die of heart attacks, quite a few seem to be well-known as rogues or at least needed headgear.

That’lldoboy, Detroit City, Challenger Du Luc (in retirement), Rooster Booster all had doubts about their attitude. I know there are more but cannot think of them quickly. Could it be that horses who save plenty for themselves are showing us that they feel something amiss?

Participant
    • Total Posts 385

I have a bit of a theory about "ungenuine" horses. Just from noticing trends among those who die of heart attacks, quite a few seem to be well-known as rogues or at least needed headgear.

That’lldoboy, Detroit City, Challenger Du Luc (in retirement), Rooster Booster all had doubts about their attitude. I know there are more but cannot think of them quickly. Could it be that horses who save plenty for themselves are showing us that they feel something amiss?

That’s a good theory YF. That these horses could never do well because when they tried to they didn’t feel well, and just couldn’t. Breaks your heart to think how they must have felt every time they were sent out to race :(
    RIP young lad :cry:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.