The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

TAPK (Cheltenham wagers) part 2

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips TAPK (Cheltenham wagers) part 2

Viewing 4 posts - 69 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Foxhunters

SELECTION- CHAPOTURGEON 5/1

I’ve stuck with this old monkey,whos’ capable given more chance than last year!

A mere £50 loss!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Conditionals hurdle

I haven’t got a clue about this one yet but will start looking this week.

(9/03/13)
    I’ve been nibbling away on

Gevrey Chambertin

at 6’s and 7’s this week to small stakes but wont be betting anything else in this.

SELECTION- TONER D’OUDARIES 10/1

This is one I’ve been waiting for and cant oppose him,I’ve had a good saver on ‘Gevrey Chambertin’ though!

Medium 3 figure losses!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Grand Annual

"if I could pick a horse now who would make an ideal Back to Lay in running it would be

Kid Cassidy

at 14/1,I expect a bold show from him but I’d question his resolution up the hill,"

SELECTION- ALDERWOOD 9’s down

I like this fellow a lot but would still give a squeak to both ‘Kid Cassidy’ and ‘Petit Robin’.

Word perfect from TAPK,backed and layed ‘The Kid’ and have backed ‘Alderwood’ solidly for the past fortnight again beating SP by a country mile for a small 4 figure profit!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

"15 Days and 23 hours to go" is exactly how I started last years thread and I’m doing the same now so here we go.

Supreme Nov hurdle

Its well documented this is one of my favourite races of the year and historically a superb yardstick for future top class winner finding.Like last year there’s only one horse I’ve nailed my colours too and thats

My Tent or Yours

,like ‘Darlan’I have gone slightly overboard backing this fellow down from an early 20/1 through 16/1 14/1 and 12/1 even 10/1 as I was still convinced he is the Real deal.I am no more confident about this fellows chances as I was ‘Darlans’ last year and miraculously he got beat!This race is a graveyard for short priced favs and I was hoping ‘Jezki’ would go off the jolly but MTOY demolished a bunch of handicappers with such ease every Tom,Dick and Harry has jumped on board and now trades at 13/8.I have laid enough on Betfair to cover my stakes so I’m sitting pretty,I could still lay him for a 4 figure profit but thats not my style,I’ll go into battle all guns blazing with this fellow as he is a proper beast of a horse,one that will make into a super chaser one day too.
    Dangers- ‘Jezki’ I have to accept JP didn’t buy this fellow for nothing! ‘Un Atout’ but only on soft ground.

8 days to go and everything is where we want to be regarding MTOY,still seeing money for him even at 13/8 and hopefully both ‘Jezki’ and the imposing Chaser in the making ‘Un atout’both turn up! What a way to start the festival,3 crackers!

(4/03/13)

Jezki

out to 5/1 with ‘sporting bet’ is too big for what is a 3 horse race,the way I have played this race to date guarantees I cant lose on it but can win a healthy 4 figure profit should

My Tent or Yours

deliver the goods.I’ve been offered 40/1 about ‘Jezki’ landing this and next years Champion hurdle and thats my sort of price!

(5/03/13)

Jezki

out to 7/1 with Hills,thats a joke of a price for a horse with his reputation!

(6/03/13)
    Still not backed anything against my horse,I’m standing firm!!

(9/03/13)
    I see

Puffin Billy

runs in this now and he’s no 20/1 shot,Generous Ladbrokes! 16/1 with hills to 5 places is mighty tempting though too!

SELECTION- MY TENT OR YOURS 20/1

,I am not even going to have a saver on anything else even though with 5 places up for grabs with ‘Hills’ it would be the obvious and sensible thing to do! :shock:

The one that got away,in more ways than one but its that time of year for bolstering ones confidence and the best way to do that is reading my waffle. :lol:

Viewing 4 posts - 69 through 72 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.