The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

TAPK (Cheltenham wagers) part 2

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips TAPK (Cheltenham wagers) part 2

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Conditionals hurdle

I haven’t got a clue about this one yet but will start looking this week.

Have you found the winner yet :idea:

No not yet Tommy,I’d like

Toner D’oudaries

to run but I’m none the wiser as to where he’ll run,he’s a horse I like a lot.16/1 is generous too.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I also like Toner D but I have one lined up for this that I think will take beating.

I also like White Star Line for the Centenary, he was a serious eye catcher at Fairyhouse the other day under a tender ride. He may be up against it to beat your Carlito Brigante though, who I also fancy.

Handicap weights are out tomorrow so will ‘weight’ for these before having a bet.

softie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 199

Good morning Gordie.

Comprehensively written, and thanks for taking the time to put this up.

Would it be fair to say, and no, not a trap of any kind, that the selections so far will form the nucleus of your Cheltenham attack, or is there anything else that you are waiting for news on that you may plunge on pretty heavily ante – post, with conditions in favour perhaps?

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Good morning Gordie.

Comprehensively written, and thanks for taking the time to put this up.

Would it be fair to say, and no, not a trap of any kind, that the selections so far will form the nucleus of your Cheltenham attack, or is there anything else that you are waiting for news on that you may plunge on pretty heavily ante – post, with conditions in favour perhaps?

Softie I’m almost sensing a Cheltenham Cameraderie here which in effect it is ‘Us against Them’ not an ‘Us against each other’ thing! :lol: Anyways,you see the nucleus of my attack,my front row had always been

Darlan

certainty of all certaintyies for the Champion hurdle at 25’s down and

First Lieutenant

25’s Gold Cup they have been my longest 2 Ante-Post bets,since last March.I’m hoping ‘MTOY’ steps into ‘Darlans’ shoes as much as Banker material goes but I still dont know 100% which way ‘FL’ goes,either way I’m covered financially on him. I’d add

At Fishers Cross

and

Cape Tribulation e/w

to the above rank.Like all Ante-Post bets I’m now approaching squeaky bum time thats when last minute injuries Rule your selections out.It happens every year,we have to accomodate it!
    My 2nd row again is strong but I’m guessing targets and and I dont like it.

Carlito Brigante

Cantlow

Boston Bob

Rule the World

are all major players but none are 100% confirmed to the assigned targets I have!

Rolling star

and

Hunt Ball

are in there too! My 3rd row team consists of

Get me out of here

Sunnyhill boy

Alfie Sherrin

Oscar Whiskey

Toner D’oudaries

,and

Harry the Viking

and horses I’ll be very possibly backing on the day are the likes of

Kid Cassidy

Petit Robin

and anything else that catches my eye.I’ll be Backing/Laying in running as I do regularly but that has nothing to do with my threads I write on here.I cant adjust any horse I have backed on the high st but on Betfair I can manipulate the prices I have on all the above horses to suit my needs should a moment arise in running when a horse you may have 30’s on trades at Evs in running prior to getting up the hill.You have to be quick as I’m not a great fan of pre-setting a price as occasionally it can burn your fingers.If the likes of ‘Dynaste’, ‘Cue Card’,and ‘The New One’ win It wont be a good result for those respective races for me!

softie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 199

I would love everyone on here,in fact every punter who gets involved with Cheltenham, to have a really profitable festival, and i do agree, us against the bookies is exactly how it should be. :D

Plenty of previous Cheltenham form in your armoury there Gordie, of which i am a big fan, and will stand you in good stead. Hopefully, Flight Lieut. will go the right route as imo, i cannot see any reason why he will reverse form with Bobs Worth, given the race goes without incident.

Will look again once decs are a bit clearer but looking good at present.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Over the past 5 years I have a small Charity bet for local causes and in that period every horse I ‘donated’ to has made an e/w profit or actually won.Horses like

Albertas Run 25/1

Medermit 20/1

Imperial Commander 20/1

Synchronised 20/1

and

Weapons Amnesty 16/1

have all done me proud this years big price e/w Charity bet is

Cape tribulation 25/1

Fingers crossed he lines up,if he does I’m collecting! 8)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Two of my front line troops

Boston Bob

and

Captain Conan

are supposed to run scared from the fact that one of them has to face this ‘Dynaste’ who trades as Fav everytime he’s mentioned in a race.both the above will beat him wherever he should run so no worries there.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Conditionals hurdle

I haven’t got a clue about this one yet but will start looking this week.

Have you found the winner yet :idea:

No not yet Tommy,I’d like

Toner D’oudaries

to run but I’m none the wiser as to where he’ll run,he’s a horse I like a lot.16/1 is generous too.

My idea of the winner when I posted this was

Shariyan

of Colm Murphy’s. However he’s so far down the weights that they’re sending him to Ayr tomorrow to try get a penalty. I don’t think it will be an ideal Cheltenham prep but he’ll win tomorrow 8) Perhaps a double with

Indevan

in the bumper at Gowran!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

Day3

The Jewson

Like last year I have nailed my colours firmly to one horse and I wont be looking any further than that,I’d prefer this ‘Dynaste’ to run in the 3m RSA rather than this mind as he strikes me as a speed rather than stamina horse and he’ll prove a bigger threat in this,hopefully he wont run and that leaves the door wide open for

Captain Conan

.This fellow has always had chaser written all over him and he’s struck me as a Jewson horse since the day ‘Darlan’ beat him at Aintree,I’ve put him up on my ‘Ransom’ thread at 5/1 but I’m sitting on some hefty bets at twice the price,I’ve got plenty 3 figures on the machine too at double figure prices so would regard this fellow as a major frontline troop,I’ll be very dissapointed if we dont see not just a victory but one where he doesn’t actually come off the bridle,I rate this fellow as banker material!

Dangers- I cant see one!’Dynaste’ if he ran could finish 2nd.

I wont hear of defeat for

Captain Conan

,come on my son!!

I’m in the same boat as your here Gord! Got Conan as my main bet for the festival at 9/2 and a bit less on Dynaste at 4/1. Watched Conan’s last Sandown run again and his jumping was really good, one thing I noticed was how fast and fluently he seemed to jump. Can’t wait for this one!

Also have Boston Bob as my 2nd main bet for the festival, glad hes avoided Dynaste but that just means Dynaste is running into our Captain! Lets just hope Dynaste flops up the hill and can’t keep his rhythm.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Ground officially Soft for Day 1 of the festival apparently,that is not what

Carlito Brigante

wants,I hope it drys to Good/Sft in the meantime as his class will get him home,on genuine Good ground he’d be a good thing.I dont want it any softer as that will bring

Un Atout

into an even bigger contender for the ‘Supreme’! Anxious times……..Bloody weather! :twisted:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

What suits one horse may not suit another,particularly the ground.My Army are still marching onwards to their individual goals and touch wood I’m happy,my only concern is really

Carlito Brigante

,he needs it Good but if he can run a place still I’ll be chuffed.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

SELECTION- MY TENT OR YOURS 20/1

,I am not even going to have a saver on anything else even though with 5 places up for grabs with ‘Hills’ it would be the obvious and sensible thing to do! :shock:

A 4 figure profit for a place,could have been 5 figures had he got up the hill.Jurys out for the 2014 Champion hurdle but ‘Binocular’ did much the same thing as a novice!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

The Arkle

SELECTION- SIMONSIG 4/1

,only small stakes on but a winners a winner,still an exciting 2 horse race.

A small 3 figure profit.Not convinced by the performance though

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Champion hurdle

SELECTION- BINOCULAR 16/1

,medium stakes to try and claw back money lost Ante-Post on both ‘Darlan’ and ‘Spirit Son.I’d like to see ‘Cinders and Ashes’ boost last years ‘Supreme’ too. ZARKANDAR,is a major danger to all though!

Lost again for the 3rd year running to a large 3 figure loss!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

The Festival Chase

SELECTION- LOCH BA 12/1

,that ones come out of the ball park as I’ve lost medium stakes on bloody ‘Cantlow’!I cant put up QUANTITATIVEEASING as a confident selection even though he’s still the best handicapped horse in the race and

FRUITY O ROONEY

to place also would suit me fine!

Medium/high 3 figure loss!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Cross country

SELECTION- BOSTONS ANGEL 9/1

,only an interest bet but one that could give me something to cheer home.

Small 3 figure profit for a place.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Mares Final

SELECTION- ALASI 20/1

,I backed her last year in this and have stayed loyal to small stakes.

Small 3 figure loss.

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.