The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Taking your camera to the races? Are you aware of this?

Home Forums Horse Racing Taking your camera to the races? Are you aware of this?

• This topic has 18 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Avatar photoTonge.
Viewing 2 posts - 18 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 334

I’ve been told the criteria at Aintree will be any camera with a detachable lens … I didn’t go to Cheltenham because of it and now I find out no-one was bothering … so I am very confused … but I certainly don’t want to have “conversations” at the security gates like last year (Thursday was fine, as it has been for the last few years) then suddenly the next 2 days it wasn’t … but I stood my ground (a long with quite a lot of others on the Saturday) and was allowed in … but they are adamant this year … so are any of you planning on going?

Participant
    • Total Posts 2661

I see the Horse Racing memorial twitter page has put up this note “Would Like to Apologise to
    PHOTOGRAPHERS of the Racecourses for any Photos I use on my Page without Permission.I will in future be asking” so clearly some petty-minded imbecile has been having a go.

They only place I’ve had any problems (so far) has been an England football match and, even then, the bloke on the gate just told me not to be too obvious about it “because they can get a bit sniffy about it”. It was a rubbish match anyway, barely worth bothering to photograph. They were much more laid back at the rugby.

As Crepello says, just one more effort to alienate the race-going public. A woman at Plumpton told me they’d even taken a bar of chocolate off her at the gate at Newbury.

Viewing 2 posts - 18 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.