The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

System using excel

Home Forums Archive Topics Systems System using excel

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Fredcoteri
    • Total Posts 1

Read a few posts and interested in hearing from people who use excel and copy/paste of racecards and results.
    Have a personal system which would benefit greatly from results in excel format

fragle123
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6

Hi
    There are a couple of methods that i have used myself instead of copy/paste,i have excel 2007 and ie8 so this may be different depending on which version you have.
    You can use a web query to import the racecard by going to the data tab and selecting external data from web a box pops up just copy and paste the URL into the address bar and click go remember to press the options button on the right and select disable date recognition otherwise all the weights and odds will change to dates.
    Then select the little tick box and a frame will go round the card then press import thats it, the other method i use if i just want the card on a temp basis is to just right click on the card and in the menu will be an option to send to excel but this method puts the data into seperate workbooks.
    Hope this is of help

mr forecast
    • Total Posts 227

i brought a great book on play.com

cost $3 free postage and is called excel as your database[/color:3gd5i4qm]
    its been a learning curve but once mastered it cuts down the amount of time spent creating racing cards ect

using the forms in access you can easily import todays horses into a spread sheet then get acess to gather all lto figures and display them on one page at a click of a button

a multidimensional database holds all the data and the access does all the form,querys bit

i used to take 1-2 hrs everyday but now takes 2-3 mins to produce race cards for the whole day

if you havent got windows office search for open office org which is windows office but costs nothing to download all the programmes windows has,office calc,office base which is the same as excel and access

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.