The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Supreme Novices Hurdle

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2016 Supreme Novices Hurdle

Viewing 7 posts - 69 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1751

I too like the Henderson pair but unlike Ginger I prefer Buveur D’Air. I’ll also have an EW on Penglai Pavillion at 40’s in the hope if it gets messy he might be able to use his flat speed to pinch a place

Manchester1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 60

Min was always going to drift due to its connections and the bookies wanting to get the first Fav – doesn’t matter what price he drifts to as he will go off no bigger than 7/4 and probably closer to 6/4 as that’s how strong he is in Ireland!

wasps41
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1161

3 darts for me

20s e/w silver con ante post

9/2 altior Sky losing bet returns stake

And a big lump on Min. I think he’ll do it. GL all :good:

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1874

Yo, glad to be back.

I think you’re all kidding yourselves if you’re trying to make a decision about whether Min is good or bad value. We have so little information about his ability (though we have a general sense) and we don’t know if any of the recent rumours are true. It’s frustrating, but ‘Without Min’ or each-way seems like the only way to go here.

I think Altior is the mug’s bet in the race – slow horses are often caught out in the Supreme and this is not a good traveller. I prefer Buveur D’Air as the quicker model, but he is still a bit raw, keen and weak.

Not many people have been talking about Bellshill. We’re all disappointed that Yorkhill isn’t running, but Bells was arguably the pick of the Mullins bumper horses last year. He was Ruby’s pick at Cheltenham, but you get the sense that this horse badly needed experience to show his true ability. He travelled better than anything in the Aintree bumper until smacked away by Barters Hill and showed some incredible speed at Punchestown. Jumping is a slight worry but his odds more than account for that. Bumpers showed him to be a much more able horse than Altior and Buveur D’Air, after all. If he bounces back from his last run, he should be bang there.

Participant
    • Total Posts 13250

That was impressive. Not sure who all bet him, but I know Raymo and
    Ginger did…..well done guys :good:

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Well that f***** me financially for the festival but somehow I have a smile on my face, seeing the crowd clap/cheer Altior as he walked past the crowd after a superb victory, hearing Nicky nearly cracking up while being interviewed, you sense a real weight off his shoulders.

This festival is a beautiful thing.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6317

GET IN !!!

Laid the fav too!!

Viewing 7 posts - 69 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.