The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Supreme Novices Hurdle

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2016 Supreme Novices Hurdle

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 35

I’m a big fan of Supasundae, Has anyone heard any news about him in the build up??

http://microsite.attheraces.com/cheltenham/profiles.aspx?hlid=561576#

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

As most of you know I am against Min big time!!

And am on ALTIOR ante post at 8/1 but the one I am most interested now is WINTER ESCAPE.
    Does anyone know whether this is going to run at Cheltenham or not?

And I am trying to find who is NRNB on this race . Any ideas guys ?

Bet365 SkyBet and Stan James are NRNB according to Oddschecker. Up above the horses names and then the bookies banners on the prices grid for the race on Oddschecker there is a NRNB indicator that has a green tick for the firms offering those terms.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Winter Escape misses the festival for Aintree according to his trainer yesterday.

Skybet and 365 are NRNB on all races

Skybet announced today money back as a free bet if you bet a loser on the first race each day (£25 max). There’ll be plenty takers for that: 4 losers means you can have £100 on Vautour and make a nice profit!

Participant
    • Total Posts 6317

Thanks Steve and Joe.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2038

To date Min has been more impressive than either Vautor or even Douvan

Participant
    • Total Posts 14

Thanks BigSlips, Convinced this horse has a engine

jmfitz
    Participant
    • Total Posts 23

Has Pipe confirmed whether Moon Racer is likely to run? I see he’s been trimmed slightly from 25s to 16s in the last week. I know he hasn’t ran since the Bumper last year but if he’s close to that form will surely have a massive chance

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

Has Pipe confirmed whether Moon Racer is likely to run? I see he’s been trimmed slightly from 25s to 16s in the last week. I know he hasn’t ran since the Bumper last year but if he’s close to that form will surely have a massive chance

Can’t remember a horse ever making it’s hurdle debut in such a race and winning- seems a forlorn task.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

Pipe says he’ll declare him at the five day stage, and see how it goes from there. He looks superb value at 20/1 NRNB. Unbeaten, and the winner of a good Champion Bumper (from an unpromising position). I doubt they’d risk such a valuable animal unless he was spot-on and they were happy with his jumping.

A gamble last year when backed down to fav, he’ll be single figures this year, I suspect.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2251

Pipe says he’ll declare him at the five day stage, and see how it goes from there. He looks superb value at 20/1 NRNB. Unbeaten, and the winner of a good Champion Bumper (from an unpromising position). I doubt they’d risk such a valuable animal unless he was spot-on and they were happy with his jumping.

A gamble last year when backed down to fav, he’ll be single figures this year, I suspect.

If this wins I will be utterly amazed- surely you can’t win a supreme on your first ever win over hurdles.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6114

If this wins I will be utterly amazed- surely you can’t win a supreme on your first ever win over hurdles.

Depends how good you are, and this fella has never been beaten, so nobody knows. Won last time very comfortably and was still green. Could be anything and is way better value than those at the front of the market imo

Participant
    • Total Posts 85

The one horse I feel has been overlooked for this race is Yorkhill..The way this horse travels and finishes off his races is very impressive.I feel Yorkhill will line up here as I feel Bellshill will run in the Neptune..In the Torworth he travelled up motionless under ruby and after a few cracks with the whip stretched away…I feel this lad could be a superstar his jumping has been a bit sketchy but has improved as he gains experiance…if yorkhill lines up for this I think will have a massive chance..I can see min been rode by ruby from the front paul townend riding a waiting race and picking up the pieces late on…Surely his cruising speed will be a massive asset in a supreme…at 8/1 I’m very confident and if he lines up in the Neptune I’ll back him in that just feel the horse could be a superstar who has gone under the radar because off Min.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Yorkhill I think would be a great Neptune runner but he’ll be too slow for this IMO.

And no, Moon Racer cannot possibly win.

Participant
    • Total Posts 85

I just feel the horse has a powerful action and will be staying on strongly up the hill..I don’t think the horse is slow either,the better ground will be a worry but maybe he can improve for it?,I feel Mr. Wylie will run Bellshill in the Neptune..whatever race he goes for he will be carrying my money..The only worry I have is his jumping but in the Torworth he was a lot more professional and the form is working out really well from that race…And he was travelling all over some good horses from 2 out

Participant
    • Total Posts 13250

I think that MIN looks like the winner here, and I’ve got him in a couple
    of accumulators, but the one horse which I think has been overlooked here
    is SILVER CONCORDE.

Two years ago he won the Champion Bumper, beating the likes of Shaneshill
    and Black Hercules. Shaneshill did turn that form around in his next race,
    but he got the march on the field with two to go and SC was closing but too
    late.

He’s only had 3 runs over hurdles, and was well beaten by Supasundae on his
    last run at Leopardstown in December. That was on knee deep ground, and this
    is a horse that definitely needs decent ground to be at his best. He has a
    real turn of foot when he gets his conditions, which he showed winning the
    November Handicap at Leopardstown in October on good ground. He should get
    his ground for this.

Dermot Weld is not a guy that tilts at windmills, so I think that 20/1 is
    very well worth a bet. I’ll be surprised if he’s anywhere near that price
    next week. I’m very sweet on his chances.

Participant
    • Total Posts 85

Just heard a rumour that ruby could ride yorkhill in the supreme instead off Min!

JammyDodger75
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7

Cheltman let’s just say….even though Hills are 5/2….Paddy is 7/4 Min. :good:

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.