The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Supreme Novice Hurdle 2010

Home Forums Archive Topics Supreme Novice Hurdle 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 316 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 201

Thanks Imperial

I thought he had ridden twice at Cheltenham. More experience would be handy, especially over the hurdles course…..

petercreek
    • Total Posts 51

Very difficult race to sum up as they went so slow!!! They only really began to race with 1/2 mile to go and as was predicted beforehand on ATR – Sweeps Hill had too much flat speed for Some Present.

I wonder what if anything either yard has gained from that race as the hurdles were jumped so slowly with the exception of the last couple that they surely would have learnt as much at home.

Anybody any ideas why Thomas Mullins didn’t enter another horse to make sure the race was run at a decent gallop? If more horses were left in he could have removed the pacemaker but if the race cut up at the five day stage he could have left him in?This practice seems alot more prevalent in flat racing but I assume is done in NH Races?

£11,000 to the winner and with the race run at more of a pace and Some Present may well have won?

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

That was a very unsatisfactory race, they pretty much walked the first mile & 1/2. It’s hard to know what to make of it, especially with the third so close aswell.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

It’s the only replay I never watched as it’s unlikely to tell us anything……anyway I’ve got it into my stubborn head if Dunguib runs he wins.

I asked my bookie for 2/1 he starts odds and the 2nd word was OFF!! :lol:

This horse really does push all the right buttons and it will take something really special to get him off the bridle let alone beat him.

• Total Posts 2184

Looking at the two races at Punchestown on Wednesday, Fenton will hardly be quaking in his boots after seeing Sweeps Hill, Some Present and Shinrock Paddy. I doubt there’s any horse in Ireland that’ll shake up Dunguib this year. Looking forward to seeing him hack up in the Royal Bond!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

When is the Royal Bond? Any chance of him running another 3 times before the Supreme? Would be very nice for me if he did and won them all :wink:

• Total Posts 2184

29 November Fist. Could have another run in a winner’s race beforehand and will probably run in the Future Champions Novice at Leopardstown over Christmas.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Hope your right my bookie will sh1t a brick if he does :lol:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

How ignorant of me forgot to say…thank you!!! :wink:

• Total Posts 2184

The machine is out again for a canter round Punchestown in the 1:50 tomorrow

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

My bookies says I’m a c*** :lol: Just hope it’s not abandoned.

He’ll hack up again and it could be a very small field for the Royal Bond. Lookin good!!!!

• Total Posts 2184

Is there anything out there in Ireland that will get him out of a hack canter this year? I have my doubts!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Can’t believe the nearest thing to him in the betting is still Sweeps Hill although Rite of Passage I haven’t got round to watching yet.

Bookie asked me to settle now at 6/4 on my treble :? so obviously he’s had a change of heart and he is not easily impressed I can tell you.

I really hope he makes it to Cheltenham as he looks one extraordinary horse.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32169

Ladbrokes have opened their book for the Supreme and make Dunguib 3/1 which looks the biggest price around at present for him.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

• Total Posts 2184

Can’t believe the nearest thing to him in the betting is still Sweeps Hill although Rite of Passage I haven’t got round to watching yet.

Bookie asked me to settle now at 6/4 on my treble :? so obviously he’s had a change of heart and he is not easily impressed I can tell you.

I really hope he makes it to Cheltenham as he looks one extraordinary horse.

Looking at how well he stayed in the November Handicap, I think Rite Of Passage is more of a Ballymore candidate. Looking forward to seeing him go hurdling at Leopardstown over Christmas.

Participant
    • Total Posts 441

Rather think Loosen my Load will give Dunguib most to do at Chelt

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

I’m waiting for Mr Mullins to unleash Rhyll Accord.

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 316 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.