The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Sunderlands Imperial Cup

Home Forums Horse Racing Sunderlands Imperial Cup

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

This race next Sat has always been a target for the Pipe yard and they have won it 5 times in the past 10 years.
    I’ve just found out that they have 5 horses entered this Sat

Ashkazar,
    Laustra Bad
    Mamlook
    Prince Arry
    Wise Owl

does anyone know if there is a betting market open yet for this race as I cannot find any.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Don’t think many firms price this up at the 5-day stage and with Pipe/Nicholls being mob-handed I can’t blame them this time. Cashmans or perhaps the sponsors may be your best chance.

the welsh wizard
    • Total Posts 352

yeah, right, good luck

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

Ashkazar named 5-1 favourite (story here).[/url:1kum4rwy]

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

Having backed at 65 for the Fred Winter late last week, I’m hoping that Mamlook is this year’s Gaspara for the Pipe stable.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Or could it be Wise Owl, who probably needs the penalty today’s win would incur to guarantee a run on Saturday?
    Wouldn’t be entirely without precedent either, as his father’s Olympian completed the treble within 11 days.

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3181

Think they have The Package entered too Seagull (unless he’s moved yards)

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

Whoosh.

It looks game on for the Imperial / Festival double on the evidence of that performance. But what to run Ashkazar in – Triumph or Fred Winter?

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Grasshopper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

I will be somewhat crestfallen if it isn’t the Triumph, graysons. Hopefully the extra few days to turn the horse around will make connections mind up for them.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Whoosh.

It looks game on for the Imperial / Festival double on the evidence of that performance. But what to run Ashkazar in – Triumph or Fred Winter?

gc

Looks a shoe in for the latter, that was impressive.. Isn’t there a bonus for winning a race at the festival? Not sure whether that applies to a specific race or not…

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

There is, and I think any hurdle race’ll do to win it. Certainly the Imperial Cup / Fred Winter combo is valid, as that’s what Gaspara landed to win that bonus last season.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

He’s 2/1 to 3/1 and isn’t Five Dream coming out? He’s going to have a funny weight against some nice sorts. Can’t believe at the weights there isn’t a few better than him plus will he eat up tonight?…….crazy price.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4518

Given the extra recovery time, possibly quicker ground and the fact Nicholls has stated that Chapoturgeon was a definite runner my guess would be the Triumph. If he went for the Fred Winter I don’t think conceding weight to River Liane would be a penalty kick.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6965

Still available at around 11.5 for the win on Betfair’s Triumph market, compared to 5.1 for the Fred Winter one – I could quite easily see both of these being chomped in quite a bit until his target is confirmed.

gc

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

I’ll be amazed if they don’t run in the Fred Winter. They love winning the bonus and he’d be no more than a 3/1 poke in that compared to a double-figure price in the Triumph, where he’d surely struggle.
    The fact that I was accomodated at 9/2 by the Tote after today’s race has nothing to do with it :lol:
    If he hosed up on the Tuesday they could run again on the Friday anyway!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.