The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Sun Chariot 2021

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Sun Chariot 2021

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1357

I’ve always liked Alcohol Free and I think that the last run can be forgiven, however I’ve decided to go with Althiqa at 14-1.

I think that’s a very fair ew price, though I would like to see a jockey booking. I hope that she runs, but I do realise that the price may be a warning itself.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16441

She’s as low as 6/1 now Kris, hope you got on. :good:
    I have to go Snow Lantern and Althiqa as love them both.
    Althiqa has had a more straightforward path to this race but they both have big reputations to uphold.. it’s going to be a cracker of a race..Jac :rose:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2934

Love Snow Lantern but her performances live and die by whether she settles and if there isn’t a strong gallop you pretty much know your fate after 2F.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3877

The one i’ve landed on is Tahlie. She beat Kennella in June who had finished a good third (short neck behind Mother Earth) in the French Guienas. She then went on to finish 3.25ls behind Mother Earth in the Rothschild. It was her first run since June, so i’d expect her to improve from that. She also didn’t have a perfect passage. She’s been moved over to Varian now after having been sold to Yoshida.
    Given Mother Earth is 5-1 and has been running away through the summer, i’d expect Tahlie to be closer this time around.

25/1 Tahlie.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Silver Spoon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 429

It’s the same selection for me Jack, 25-1 ew

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7328

Had a look at this now that Alcohol free confirmed as a non runner.

There is rain forecast that I don’t think will suit market leaders Snow Lantern, Mother Earth, and Saffron Beach and one or two others so much.

I can see the Tahlie angle and she is capable of hitting the frame if the rain gets in, whether she can win with David Egan going to Ascot instead I’m not sure.

So by process of elimination of the rest, its No Speak Alexander 9-1 bog ew 4 places for me. Bit lucky to win last time, but wanted rain anyway which she didn’t get in Ireland so she may run better still on Saturday if in the same mood.

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1605

Think it all comes down to who handles their racingbthe best. They up and coming horses will be big players. Mother earth didn’t have a hard race in the matron so should go close and saffron beach should be there abouts. Very hard race to call.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3877

Mike i’m in agreement with all of that with the forecast.

Backed Jessie’s the time before in France where she got no run whatsoever, then left her when back in Ire due to the better ground…she won nevertheless, so i’ll back her.

With that in mind, i also think it’s worth backing Epona Plays small as well, she was another horse that wanted it softer that day, and she was running on nicely at the finish. Softer ground and the fact she concedes less weight this time around makes her worth a small bet at 25/1.

That leaves me with the Tahlie dilemma as i still think she’s over priced but less appealing with Egan sidestepping her.

I’ll probably back NSA to a full point, then go half a point on Epona Plays and Tahlie.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Participant
    • Total Posts 891

Epona Plays @ 20/1 5 places looks stonking value to me. Lost very little in defeat LTO going down just over a length, and only just lost to Mother Earth who she was giving 5lbs to. The hold up tactics just don’t suit her – she wants to front run and ran a blinder in the Pretty Polly doing just that, before the last 2f stretched her. Back at a mile on a track that can suit front runners hitting the dip and being hard to reel back, I think 20/1 EW with 5 places massively underestimates her chances and the rain about is a plus not negative.

Avatar photoThe Tatling Cheekily
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2723

What price would Benbatl be against these lot? Yes I am aware he is not elligible, but his recent conqueror Lavender Blue is available at 18’s, and looks excellent value to me.

Lavender Blue 3pts e/w 18/1.

BUY THE SUN

LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2934

To me this is Snow Lantern’s race to lose, her second to Alcohol Free in the Coronation Stakes on heavy ground shows the ground won’t be any issue and her last run can now be excused as connections stated her scope was poor post race requiring her to go on antibiotics.

As I have stated before her chance lives and dies by how well she settles and I am not convinced connections have done much to try and negate that obvious flaw in her make up – we will likely know very early on in the race if she has pulled her chance away.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7348

Think it all comes down to who handles their racingbthe best. They up and coming horses will be big players. Mother earth didn’t have a hard race in the matron so should go close and saffron beach should be there abouts

Well called mickeyjp.
    WD Jack and Charlie with your ew on Epona Plays at a nice price.

Participant
    • Total Posts 16441

Snow Lantern was the first to be beaten. No excuses.
    Saffron Beach ran a fantastic race.
    Well done for picking first and second mickey and to those who chose the 3rd placed filly. :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.