The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

stopping trains

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    heffo
    • Total Posts 319

I just stumbled on this site the other day, have to say I’m impressed. Some great topics and posts, very entertaining.<br>I’m just curious to know if anyone else has experienced a similar run to the one which I’m on at the mo. MO, I should say months. You know the horse that comes with a run, on the line it’s a short head behind, one stride after the line its up by a neck. Well thats the one I’ve backed. Or the horse that looks home and hosed but implodes in the last 50 yards, nabbed on the line, loses by a short head. I’m vomitting as they call the result. Or the horse 6Ls clear falls at the last…….. need i go on. I know everyone goes through similar runs, I have before. This one has being going on for 8-9 weeks. Does anyone know a spell or how to lift this curse.First post by the way and yes I am ultra superstitious.<br>

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Sounds to me like your lucky pen has run out .. you should try and get another one, stolen pens are better than bought.

Sailing Shoes
    • Total Posts 368

Yes Heffo,

Tomorrow – go into your local bookmakers – select the race with the fewest number of runners and have 20p win on each on separate betting slips. Thus giving you a winning ticket…. discretly dispose of the losers, and a few days later go in and collect your winnings!!!

Losing run over….. :biggrin:

insomniac
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

Heffo,<br>If your selections are getting beat by short-heads and necks you’re not doing too much wrong!

heffo
    • Total Posts 319

I see what you mean Insomniac, the glass is half full….:biggrin:

(Edited by heffo at 8:00 pm on April 19, 2007)

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

No no no – it’s still empty.:biggrin:

You just get to enjoy the sport even more because you are getting a run for your money.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.