The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Soccer Treble Selections

Home Forums General Sports Soccer Treble Selections

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 147 total)
  • Author
    zilzal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1305

A couple of necessarily speculative bets to kick off the new season….

Weekend 09 August

< 5/1 TREBLE CHANCE ( 4.87 ladbrokes)[/size:3nrqlxe8]

Birmingham WIN V Sheffield Utd 10/11 :D

Charlton V Swansea 10/11 :D

Man U V Portsmouth 8/13 (Sunday)[/color:3nrqlxe8] :(

Le Championnat (8pm Sat)[/size:3nrqlxe8]

< 4/1 TREBLE CHANCE (3.90 General)

Le Mans[/b] V Lorient 1/1 :(

Sochaux V Grenoble 5/6 :(

Lyons V Toulouse 4/11 (Sunday)[/color:3nrqlxe8] :D

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Good to see you back zilzal and good luck this weekend. Have you given up on the racing altogether or just keeping a winning system under your hat?

I’m having a pop at the GAA this weekend myself (Kerry & Armagh is evs with Ladbrokes) but should be back for the football once the Olympics are over.

zilzal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1305

Hi David,

No, I havn’t given up on racing completely! I’m holding my own by backing and laying off IR. So instead of demoralising losing sequences, just a few losses among some nice wins and free bets! I’m sticking mostly to maidens these days and single age handicaps and avoding sprints and >10F races. Indiscipline remains a constant danger especially after a few wins. You can’t take racing too seriously, though, what with hundreds of thousands being gambled on races with peanut prizemoney. The response of the racing community to the Panorama expose was "head in the sands" stuff.

I don"t follow GAA closely but that lazy Kerry – Kilkenny double looks tempting. Kerry have only Dublin to fear. I’m too cynical also to watch all that pollution on and off the track in China!

Z

zilzal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1305

A difficult call between Galatasaray and Shaktar but WH offered better odds about the former. Of course its the Germans I need to deliver for me above all. I hope they’re primed pre-season.
    [b:2vygldu2]
    Mid Week 13th August

< 9/2 TREBLE CHANCE (WILLIAM HILL 4.40)

Galatasaray V Steau Bucharest @ 4/6[/color:2vygldu2]

Schalke V Athletico Madrid @ 5/4[/color:2vygldu2]

Sheffield Utd V Port Vale @ 4/9[/color:2vygldu2][/b:2vygldu2]

zilzal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1305

[b:2gkmmduw]Welcome to the Premier League, Potters!

WEEKEND AUGUST 16/17

>5/1 TREBLE CHANCE (5.07 Ladbrokes)

BOLTON WIN V Stoke @ 8/11[/color:2gkmmduw]

SHEFFIELD UTD WIN V QPR @ 5/4[/color:2gkmmduw]

CELTIC WIN AT Dundee Utd @ 4/7[/color:2gkmmduw][/b:2gkmmduw]

> 5/1 EURO TREBLE CHANCE (5.2 PADDY POWER)

[b:2gkmmduw]SCHALKE WIN V Hanover @ 8/13[/color:2gkmmduw]

W BREMEN WIN AT Bielefeld @ 5/6[/color:2gkmmduw]

CAEN WIN V Valenciennes @ 11/10[/color:2gkmmduw][/b:2gkmmduw]

……..

zilzal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1305

[b:2rci0uo1]WEEKEND 22-24 AUGUST[/b:2rci0uo1]

A couple of "bankers" have let me down in the opening rounds, although I had an opportunity to lay them off as they were Sunday matches.

Rather than relying on the Premier League Big Four, I’m sticking with the two teams that look like being engaged in a dogfight for the Championship title and both of which have started the season with the attitude of Premier league sides. Here’s hoping the Blades go to Bloomfield Rd with intent on retrieving the 3 away points lost in extra time at St Andrews.

[b:2rci0uo1]4/1-9/2 TREBLE CHANCE (4.28 Ladbrokes)[/b:2rci0uo1]

[b:2rci0uo1]Blackburn WIN V Hull @ 4/6[/color:2rci0uo1]

Birmingham WIN V Barnsley @ 4/9[/color:2rci0uo1]

Sheffield Utd WIN AT Blackpool @ 6/5[/color:2rci0uo1][/b:2rci0uo1]

Euro Treble Suggestion to follow…..

Match of the Weekend is Werder Bremen V Schalke. Schalke have started sharper than Bremen and look good value. I expect wins for Toulouse, Hamburg, H Berlin, Lyon but these are the three I settled for:

[b:2rci0uo1]>7/2 EURO TREBLE CHANCE (3.60 P Power/Ladbrokes)[/b:2rci0uo1]

[b:2rci0uo1]Hanover 96 WIN V Energie Cottbus @8/13 (FRIDAY 7.30)[/color:2rci0uo1]

Hoffenheim WIN V Monchengladback @ 10/11[/color:2rci0uo1]

Bordeaux WIN V Nantes @ 1/2[/b:2rci0uo1][/color:2rci0uo1]

zilzal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1305

Comfortable level stakes profit but no treble so far in August; all twos! :(

Not a weekend for a short priced treble and hard to leave out Sunderland and Bristol City. Have a hunch Wednesday could get a result at Swansea too.

I’m more confident about the Euro Treble suggestion to follow tomorrow.

[b:fbbim1yr]WEEKEND 30-31 AUGUST[/b:fbbim1yr]

[b:fbbim1yr]4/1 – 9/2 TREBLE CHANCE (4.22 – Ladbrokes/Paddy Power)[/b:fbbim1yr]

[b:fbbim1yr]Middlesborough WIN V Stoke @ 8/13 [/color:fbbim1yr]

Reading WIN V Crystal Palace @ 4/5[/color:fbbim1yr]

Sheffield Utd WIN V Cardiff @ 4/5[/color:fbbim1yr][/b:fbbim1yr]

St Etienne have started very poorly and are nowhere near their performance peaks of last year. Lyon should be physically and mentally too strong and should not be settling for a draw in this derby.

Schalke will want to get over their Madrid drubbing.The match came too quickly after their strenuous Bremen tie of last weekend.

Complacency is Bremen’s only danger.

The French derby on Setanta Sunday evening should be very entertaining if the Germans oblige.

[b:fbbim1yr]< 5/1 EURO TREBLE CHANCE (4.94 Paddy Power)[/b:fbbim1yr]
    [b:fbbim1yr]
    Werder Bremen WIN AT Munchengladback @ 5/6[/color:fbbim1yr]

Schalke 04 WIN V Bochum @ 4/9[/color:fbbim1yr]

Lyon Win AT St Etienne @ 5/4[/color:fbbim1yr][/b:fbbim1yr] (Sunday)[/color:fbbim1yr]

Participant
    • Total Posts 32169

Hi Zilzal, thought id give you some company!

Newcastle Win vs Hull 4/6[/color:1d4gv35p]

Sheff Utd Win at Derby 7/5[/color:1d4gv35p]

Morcambe Win at Barnet 15/8[/color:1d4gv35p]

Ladbrokes decimal odds of 11.50[/color:1d4gv35p]

Hoping that Newcastle are fired up after recent events at St James Park. Barnet have lost 5/5, 7/7 if you count the cups don’t know if Morcambe are much better but they did beat Shrewsbury. Derby are also having a bad start so hope Sheff Utd can take advantage.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

zilzal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1305

Good Luck, Nathan. It’s not easy to get that third one to click when you include non-bankers as you can see from my August record.

We’re agreed on the Blades at least although I was very tempted by Palace to get their act together against Swansea instead. Not particulary confident about these two suggestions as I’m not chasing cramped odds trebles either.

WEEKEND 13-14 SEPT

> 6/1 TREBLE CHANCE (6.06 PADDY POWER)[[/size:qnnq7f5i]

[b:qnnq7f5i]CHELSEA WIN AT MAN CITY @ 4/5

BIRMINGHAM WIN V DONCASTER [/color:qnnq7f5i] @ 4/7

SHEFFIELD UTD WIN AT DERBY @ 6/4[/color:qnnq7f5i][/b:qnnq7f5i]

> 5/1 EURO TREBLE CHANCE (5.25 WILLIAM HILL)

[b:qnnq7f5i]VALENCIENNES WIN V GRENOBLE @21/20[/color:qnnq7f5i]

BREMEN WIN V COTTBUS @ 2/7

CAEN WIN V ST ETIENNE @ 11/8 (SUN 4PM[/color:qnnq7f5i])[/b:qnnq7f5i]

Participant
    • Total Posts 32169

Unlucky Zizal with your treble you should of done Palace. Did i mention that my selections were lays :lol:

oh well things can only get better after that i pray. I noticed that the odds in the shop were different to the ones on oddschecker is that a mistake or enhanced odds for Internet bets do you think?

zilzal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1305

Thanks for those words of consolation, Nathan. The Football gods are agin me this season! The Blades didin’t look mentally tuned in at all last evening when the Rams were there for the taking. I’ll have to be a bit more discerning in my Euro selections – didn’t realise Valencinennes were missing a lot of players. Yet they got an undeserved penalty in the last minutes and couldn’t even hold on to the 1 goal lead :( I’d be more optimistic about Caen this afteroon.

The internet odds can be a fraction better although I havn’t noticed it much. I just get the best value coupon from the local Hills, Ladbrokes and PPs. Best to use the coupon or they may not honour the odds taken.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1141

The internet odds can be a fraction better although I havn’t noticed it much. I just get the best value coupon from the local Hills, Ladbrokes and PPs. Best to use the coupon or they may not honour the odds taken.

That’s something that’s really started to annoy me lately and I think It’s quite sneaky (and wrong) of the bookies to have different prices.

For as many seasons as I can remember I’ve picked my selections out, then gone on an odds comparison site and worked out which bookies was the best payout and put my bets on there.

I’ve already been caught out twice in the last 2/3 weeks trying to do it this way and will no longer do it like that. The difference in some cases can be very big as this weeks bet of mine shows..

Me and a lad at work pick 2 each every week and have a fiver each on the 4. This week we were very ambitious and on the internet at one certain bookies I’d worked it out as a £660 return if all 4 won. I then went and put it on at that bookies and the return was only £480, not that it matters now as we came nowhere near.

zilzal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1305

Chelsea V Bordeaux should prove a total mismatch on form. Bordeaux like many French sides have decent ball/passing skills but incomparison to Chelsea in terms of class and physique they are pygmies. The 21/20 currrently on offer on BF Asian market about a 2 goal win looks generous to me. Bordeaux had a hard game against Marseille at the weekend too.

Marseille have some fast forwards but their defence is suspect at this level. I don’t understand how their goalkeeper is the French No1 either.

Let’s see if I can break my treble duck midweek!

[b:zcxiphtx] > 4/1 MIDWEEK TREBLE CHANCE (4.25 BoyleSports)[/b:zcxiphtx]

[b:zcxiphtx]
    CHELSEA WIN V BORDEAUX @ 2/7

LIVERPOOL WIN AT MARSEILLE @ 11/8

READNG WIN V SHEFFIELD WED @ 8/11[/color:zcxiphtx][/b:zcxiphtx]

Participant
    • Total Posts 32169

Well done Zilzal on your midweek treble, many more to come i’m sure. :D

Your analyse on Marseille’s fast attack poor defence was spot on and what a great goal from Gerrard.

Lets hope I can do better this week here goes!!

Millwall Win vs Cheltenham 8/11[/color:dovzumuz]

Bradford Win vs Bournmouth 4/7[/color:dovzumuz]

Shrewsbury Win at Chester 11/10 (playing sunday)
    [/color:dovzumuz]
    Oddschecker.com have decimal odds of 5.70 at Ladbrokes + Coral[/color:dovzumuz]

zilzal
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1305

Thanks, Nathan. Have to admit, though, the Marseille goalkeeper pulled off a couple of world class saves for which I’m grateful.

Going to avoid the temptation of Evens about Blackburn against Fulham and will make do with a short-priced 3/1attempt. Remarkable uniformity about the prices available

<3/1 TREBLE CHANCE ( 2.97 Ladbrokes or PP)[/b:37xe4lnt]

LIVERPOOL WIN V STOKE @ 2/9[/color:37xe4lnt]
    BIRMINGHAM WIN V BLACKPOOL @4/9[/color:37xe4lnt]

CHELSEA WIN V MAN UTD @ 5/4 ( SUNDAY)[/b:37xe4lnt][/color:37xe4lnt]

< 7/2 EURO TREBLE CHANCE (4.45 PADDY POWER)

BAYERN MUNCICH WIN V WERDER BREMEN @ 4/6[/color:37xe4lnt]
    LYON WIN AT LE HAVRE @ 4/6[/color:37xe4lnt]
    MARSEILLE WIN V MONACO @ 8/13[/b[/color:37xe4lnt]]

• Total Posts 434

Good afternoon all, in particular to Zilzal and Nathan.

I am going to have a stab on these three for starters.

Firstly probably the game of the day in the Championship and i am going to take the bull by the horns.

Wolves to win at Preston.

My second choice takes me to to League One and i will be somewhat surprised if the out come was anything than a Home win

Millwall to beat Cheltenham.

Finally if we are still standing it’s of to the Premiership and again hoping for a Home win this time on Sunday.

Man City to beat Portsmouth.

Off now to hunt out the best odds.

Good luck to all.

Adrian.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1141

Morning all, thought I’d join in the fun as I’m a big fan of football.

Treble at Ladbrokes 8.4/1

League One

Carlisle v Leeds – Leeds win @ 8/5

League Two

Barnet v Bury – Bury win @ 13/10

Blue Square Premier

Ebbsfleet United v Woking – Ebbsfleet United win @ 4/7

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 147 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.