The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Snooker

Home Forums General Sports Snooker

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    cotsey
    • Total Posts 5

king wins on points to hann,down as 6/4 with paddys

(Edited by cotsey at 5:55 pm on May 12, 2004)

captaincoco
    • Total Posts 1

when is the fight ?

aston
    • Total Posts 168

King should knock the head off him, but Id rather have seen them in action, even for a minute or two, before Id put me money down.

dandan
    • Total Posts 199

Eh guys???

Nixer
    • Total Posts 105

King and hann are going to do one of those charity celeb boxing fights in the ricky gervais and that other bloke style. Aparently King was very upset that Hann squared up to his mate(don’t know his name at the moment) after a match. PICK ON SOME ONE YOUR OWN SIZE is the general motive for the fight.

I reackon king should win Hann acts lick  a spoilt brat and needs a good kicking. Hope they show it on the box.

dandan
    • Total Posts 199

Cool Bananas!

Nixer
    • Total Posts 105

The result is in….does anyone know who won?

Happy Jack
    Participant
    • Total Posts 515

Unfortunately Hann somehow managed to win on points.

Quote from Sunday’s RP:

QUINTEN HANN upset the odds in snooker’s Pot Whack grudge match when he outpointed Mark King over three two-minute rounds at the York Hall in Bethnal Green on Friday night, writes Paul Kealy.<br>A capacity crowd was screaming for King, the 4-11 favourite with the bookies, but the surprisingly entertaining fight saw Hann bulldoze his way to glory with a series of stunning hooks, unheard of for a snooker pro.<br>After the fight, 2-1 shot Hann said: "I’ve got to respect Mark King. But I was never tagged in the fight."<br>The Australian reiterated his disdain for the rest of the snooker circuit who were apparently rooting for King.<br>But Hann’s shock supporter was snooker’s most popular player, Ronnie O’Sullivan.<br>The Rocket was in Hann’s corner for the three-round bout and afterwards he expressed his desire to get into training for a potential fight himself.

What’s next, Frank Bruno and Jim Bugner slugging it out in a best of 35 match at the Crucible?<br>

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.