The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Sky bet account

Home Forums Lounge Sky bet account

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sea pidgeon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 210

Although I much prefer laying my bets at the high street bookies I until recently had an online Sky bet account.Had a small dispute with them and closed my account.Current bank statement is showing a withdrawal of 40 quid not long after I’d requested the closing of account …Have I missed something in the small print or do they “ take back” any free bets I had over the years I was with them…any ideas ?

ed.stewart

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 270

Did you deposit £40 in the days before you closed the account? BACS takes up to five working days to clear so even though the money is unavailable to you immediately, it doesn’t technically leave your account until some time later.

I don’t see it being foul play by them, plenty of people willingly give them much more than £40.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6950

Hi Sea Pigeon, I’m not sure if I’ve got this right. Are you saying that after closing your
    account with SkyBet that a payment of £40 was taken from your bank account by Skybet without
    you being the person who transferred it into Skybet. If that is the case then something is
    very wrong. They wouldn’t take any money from your current account, they are not able to do
    that. If your bank statement is showing that a transaction of £40 was withdrawn from your
    current account, and you weren’t responsible for making the transaction, which if you had
    already closed the Skybet account you wouldn’t be able to in any case, then you need to get
    in touch with your bank.

There are offers such as free bets, and some of those offers stipulate that you have to play
    X times the amount of free the bet before you could withdraw any winnings from the free bet,
    but you wouldn’t be able to withdraw during that period in any case. If they had mistakingly
    paid you out, and that’s unlikely, if you had any balance in your Skybet account they would
    take it from that, if you had no funds within the account, they still cannot take anything
    from your bank, they would simply contact you and inform you that you had taken an amount
    that you weren’t entitled to and request you return the amount. As I say, that’s extremely
    unlikely anyway. Is it possible that you placed a bet, or bets, to the value of £40 prior to
    closing your account, and for some reason it was recorded on your bank statement late for some
    reason, a day or so after closing the account. That is also unlikely as banks are quick enough
    to register any withdrawl from your account, however it is still more plausible than Skybet
    taking money from your bank account, they simply cannot do that. Have you contacted Skybet for
    any explanation? I hope you get it sorted out soon :good:

sea pidgeon
    Participant
    • Total Posts 210

Hi guys thanks for taking the time to reply.

A punting pal who has no online account had asked me to put on a bet for him on the first Saturday after lockdown ( bookies shut of course) and I had indeed deposited £40 quid into my sky account to cover his bets which I had completely forgotten about…doh..
    It was while I was on the chat/ help line to Sky that it came back to me.It was in fact the returns from those bets that I had a dispute with them about best odds guaranteed resulting in me closing my account.
    I’m now with bet365 who I must say are no much better with their terms and conditions.
    Sorry to have wasted your time with my initial query…appreciate your replies.

ed.stewart

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6950

Glad you have got this sorted out Ed :good:

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.