The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Sixties Icon looks a poor value bet

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Sixties Icon looks a poor value bet

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Plenty think like you EC as Bet365 report Icon as friendless all week and now 5/4 from odds on.<br>They reckon it needs to go to 6/4 before backjers come back in.<br>There has been support for Red Rocks and for Championship Point at longer odds.<br>However plenty of horses seem to be there more in hope than expectation according to connections.<br>What is your idea of the winner out of the 12 in this desperately weak "classic"?

SwallowCottage
    • Total Posts 1008

Jeremy Noseda is still bullish about Sixties chance but there’s no doubt that the stable are not in good form :( and I wouldn’t back him at the present price even if he is the best horse on form. I don’t see the value in it.

Salselon
    • Total Posts 883

EC, couldnt agree more about Sixties icon.

Am I the only one who thinks Red Rocks is massively overpriced at 5/1? Especially as he’s the only horse with proven group 1 form. That second to Rail Link could look pretty impressive after the Prix Niel – pity we have to wait until Sunday to find out!

With the ledger reduced by 155 yards, surely stamina will be much less of a factor. Would anyone agree with the assertion that RR simply went too early in the Great Voitegeur and got mugged? Was RR fighting back at the finish?

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Hes a top class trainer and its a sign of great trainers that their best runners are often seemingly unaffected by the stable’s form

Was terrific to watch :)

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

Poor value?

Some of us don’t half talk some rubbish. :biggrin: ;)

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8798

I don’t see your pre -race comments MM!!

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

Quote: from cormack15 on 8:15 pm on Sep. 9, 2006[br]I don’t see your pre -race comments MM!!

<br>You should, I am amongst those speaking garbage lol. Thought Sixties Icon was an awful price at anything less than 2/1.

Impressive today to say the least. Isn’t hindsight a wonderful thing?

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8798

Where did you say that MM – I missed it<br>

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396

Quote: from cormack15 on 8:39 pm on Sep. 9, 2006[br]Where did you say that MM – I missed it<br>

<br>In another thread somewhere mate can’t remember which one now. I did say he had a chance though in my defence just thought he was vulnerable particularly at a short price.

The Market Man
    • Total Posts 396
    clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

i think hes there already

he targets well and is nicely candid about his runners, a nice sign of confidence in his abilities i think

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

Whilst it won easily enough, it was a very poor bet IMO.  I just couldn’t have it and went for a lively outsider.<br>It illustrates what a p**s
    poor race this year’s St Leger was that a, merely, above average animal could win it at such short odds.  The 50/1 rag in second place backs up that analysis.

FlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

No-one offered me 5/1 in the end:( . The on course bookies were stingy too.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8798

Yes, I see that MM.

Fair play.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.