The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Silviniaco Conti 2021

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Silviniaco Conti 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16459

Very strong entry for this……

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/28/kempton/2021-01-09/773748

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/silviniaco-conti-chase/winner

The front three in the market speak for themselves, and Riders Onthe Storm looks particularly big around 6’s, but I’m going to give Master Tommytucker another chance.

Ran a strange race in The Caspian Caviar, but I’m willing to forgive that, and I still rate him highly. There’s the obvious concern over the yards vaccinations at this time of the year, not to mention his record at Kempton, but the 8’s looks a fair price.

Master Tommytucker 8’s

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2702

I think mister fisher wins but agree the value looks to be riders at 6s and master tommytucker at 8s if he doesnt headbutt the 4th last

Hoping to get better than 5/2 on mister fisher

PigsInBlankets
    Participant
    • Total Posts 78

Looks like the 8s has gone on Master Tommytucker, he is of interest and 7s is available in a place. However, it’s unlikely that he’ll be left to it at the sharp end of things if the likes of Imperial Aura & Aso hold their entries, and ultimately that’s when I think he’s most effective.

I have Riders in my Ten to Follow which honestly sums up how my squad has gone through that competition so far, he didn’t seem to be anywhere near fit at Cheltenham and prepared to put a line through that; 6s probably reflects the uncertainty of which version of him turns up. I’ll be tempted to wait to see if he’s still there come final decs before backing.

The top 2 in the market would be the right 2 for me but would certainly favour Mister Fisher at 5/2 over Imperial Aura 6/4.

Coneycard
    Participant
    • Total Posts 43

I think Imperial Aura is short enough here at 6/4, and for whatever reason I can’t warm to Mister Fisher (though he’s 3s in a couple of places for those interested at somewhere bigger than 5/2), so I was looking for value beyond the front two in the market. I liked Tommytucker at 8s but that’s long gone, and with it the 7s and 6s. Not sure I want to play at 5s. Having missed the price on Mr T, I think I now need to wait and see how much more Riders Onthe Storm drifts. Failing that it might be an emotional EW play on the old boy Top Notch, in the hope that he needed his run last time out…

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2702

Not 8s but with the non runners master tommytucker at 7/2 looks the bet to me getting a significant amount of weight off imperial aura and riders

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 557

Small bet on Clondaw Castle for me. Very good season so far and his last run at Cheltenham in the Peterborough Chase was against good opposition, while he got hampered. A bit better off in the weights here.

Clondaw Castle 8/1

Lemons68
    Participant
    • Total Posts 499

Riders On The Storm at 11-2 to bounce back here.

peter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1321

Riders Onthe Storm was running a big race in the Ryanair before coming down and his win at Ascot is far too easily written off. He’s clearly a classy type and I’m happy to have a go at the prices.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 951

I’ve played ridersonthestorm , think the twiston Davies team will have a good day

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2702

Jesus

Love the horse hes such a nutter hahaha

Absolutely cantering home then does that at the last

Hes clearly not the smartest horse

Coneycard
    Participant
    • Total Posts 43

Well done VtC and FF.

DBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 557

Well done VtC and FF!

Almost a very lucky win for me, but Harry Cobden kept his balance. Master Tommytucker really can run at one very solid pace. I can see him winning the Melling Chase in a small field.

Istabraq
    Participant
    • Total Posts 314

I don’t know what happened to Riders Onthe Storm since last season, very strange

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2702

Was just looking to try and find a reason as to why hed go off the boil

Then noticed his sire is scorpion

Maybe he has might bite itus

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 951

Lets face it bar Bristol de mai the yard has had a quiet season esp at the big meetings

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.