The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Sickening news article

Home Forums Horse Racing Sickening news article

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

COLIN NUTTER, head groom to Sir Mark Prescott, was reported “in astable condition“ in a West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds on Friday afternoon after being involved in an accident on the horse crossing on Bury Road in Newmarket.

The accident took place at just after 6.45am when a Ford Mondeo overtook stationery vehicles that had stopped to allow the Heath House horses to cross and careered into the two-year-old Maunik, who had been due to make his debut next week, and sent Nutter, 50, flying into the air.<br>A police van was among the vehicles, situated near the BP garage and a 23-year-old man was arrested on the suspicion of drunk driving and taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Station for further questioning.

Drunk drivers make me want to puke :angry: <br>I didn’t quote the whole story, which is in the RP news section.  It was too sickening.<br>I hope Mr Nutter and, moreso, Maunik survive this incident.  It appears that the rider will be OK.  However, the news of Maunik doesn’t look too promising :(

Monkey
    Participant
    • Total Posts 141

The risks involved in riding thoroughbreds are bad enough without this kind of thin happening.

ninahagen4ninahagen4
    Participant
    • Total Posts 121

This was sickening indeed and I hope that maunik does pull through but I fear the worst for him.I hope that drunk driver gets the book thrown at him but somehow I doubt it.:angry:

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Quote: from ninahagen4 on 5:25 pm on Dec. 2, 2006[br]This was sickening indeed and I hope that maunik does pull through but I fear the worst for him.I hope that drunk driver gets the book thrown at him but somehow I doubt it.:angry:

His no win, no fee lawyer will probably get him off without a prison sentence.

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

Even morons have judicial rights :(<br>Lawyers are simply doing the job given them by the bar and their oath.  The justice system is rigged in favour of the criminal IMO.  You would get a harsher sentence for copying a DVD than this guy will get for mowing down a horse and rider in a drunken stupor.  It’s a sick world.

bluechariot
    • Total Posts 569

This type of case is not a no win no fee case. He is either on legal aid or paying privately. The first option most likely.<br>

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Sorry Blue Chariot no win no fee lawyers collect compensation don’t they? My mistake. Either way he probably won’t pay for his legal representative.

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Today’s RP states that the horse had to be destroyed

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

I hope Graham Waters sues the driver for the loss of the horse.  A sad end to a distressing incident.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3089

<br>I caught a comment on ATR this morning from Sean Boyce – he’d had an email from Colin Nutter’s wife thanking everyone for their cards and letters.

She said that he was still a bit sore, but keen to get back to work and no long term damage from the incident.

AP

racinggirlukracinggirluk
    • Total Posts 232

Sadly this poor little horse had to be put to sleep, he was found to have a severe fracture of the pedal bone…

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Welcome to the forum, racinggirluk.

Colin

racinggirlukracinggirluk
    • Total Posts 232

Thank you, just finding my feet…..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.