The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Shortest price loser

Home Forums Horse Racing Shortest price loser

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Fran the manFran the man
    Participant
    • Total Posts 403

A friend of mine rang me earlier to ask me had i ever seen a horse at 1/100 beaten before and i couldn’t think of 1,he told me there was 1 beaten over in Baden Baden today :shock: ,does anyone really back on a horse at that price and has there ever been a horse even shorter beaten?

robnorthrobnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4556

Royal Forest was beaten at 1/25 in the Clarence House Stakes at Ascot in 1948.

I believe Zaynar was the equal shortest priced loser over jumps when turned over at 1/14 in last year’s Morebattle Hurdle at Kelso.

That’s from a quick ‘google’, though no doubt others can confirm or (heaven forbid!) correct.

Rob

RedRum77RedRum77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1549

A friend of mine rang me earlier to ask me had i ever seen a horse at 1/100 beaten before and i couldn’t think of 1,he told me there was 1 beaten over in Baden Baden today :shock: ,does anyone really back on a horse at that price and has there ever been a horse even shorter beaten?

Just goes to prove the is no such thing as a sure thing in racing. Fran when tax used to be paid don’t think the was any 1/100 as you be losing out because of tax. Not sure about abroad though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.