The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Scoop 6 looks easy!

Home Forums Horse Racing Scoop 6 looks easy!

• This topic has 19 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17722

Oh yes, definitely be queuing up to pump some money into that…

kasparovkasparov
    • Total Posts 662

Yeah, at first sight it looks attractive to try and scoop up the money left in already, but there are so many plausible combinations of odds over 1000000-1 which aren’t worth doing for at best a 400000-1 payoff that it’s not that attractive.

tony007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 36

Yeh I win it every week. :lol:

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26575

What is the problem?

If it were easier to win you wouldn’t get the chance of lottery type winnings. Did the first ever scoop 6, never again, not my type of bet, not that there is anything wrong with it.

If you want an easier type of bet with the chance of a fairly significant pot, then why not try the placepot?

Although Betfred/Tote should put more advertising in to that bet.

I’ve only done a placepot I think twice and "won" it both times. Once when not getting back as much as I put on (all favs placed) and on thursday at Salisbury where it paid 350!

value is everything
    kasparovkasparov
    • Total Posts 662

The point is the scoop6 today on the face of it looked like a good deal but in reality it wasn’t because there was a good chance of nobody winning it (as in fact happened) despite about half a million being ploughed in. Value is everything, as somebody once said.

Next week though could be different.

RedRum77RedRum77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1549

Oh yes, definitely be queuing up to pump some money into that…

For someone who finds the flat incredibly difficult I’m surprise you’ve had a go at this week’s Scoop 6. Why not wait until the national hunt season form all or a majority of the races shown by channel 4.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17722

I WAS BEING SARCASTIC, FOR **** SAKE!

No, today’s been the usual bollo: sod’s law, near misses, make a split decision, usually the wrong one. Yawn.

Participant
    • Total Posts 26575

The point is the scoop6 today on the face of it looked like a good deal but in reality it wasn’t because there was a good chance of nobody winning it (as in fact happened) despite about half a million being ploughed in.

Value is everything

, as somebody once said.

:lol: Nice one!

Why did it look a good deal Kasparov?
    Surely it is the same every week? Apart from the roll-over.
    There’s always a good chance of "nobody winning it".
    The only time when the Scoop 6 is "value" is when it’s had several roll-overs. Better value next week. :wink:

value is everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26575

I WAS BEING SARCASTIC, FOR [expletive] SAKE!

No, today’s been the usual bollo: sod’s law, near misses, make a split decision, usually the wrong one. Yawn.

Think everyone realises that mate.

See you’re going for those bets that are so easy to win again. :lol:

value is everything
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17722

ginger wrote: ‘those easy bets’?

eh?

You know, you’re so smug you could lead an olympic team for it.

How much do you bet per point?

nighthorsenighthorse
    Participant
    • Total Posts 385

I WAS BEING SARCASTIC, FOR [expletive] SAKE!

OMG! You are a right whinger aren’t you PP? Have you nothing better to do in your life?

Having perused the NH new season thread, I found it hard to believe the amount of time and effort you have obviously devoted to putting down in writing such a load of old "things-which-geldings-do-not-have".

You seem so disenchanted with the game, and unwilling to understand that horses are not machines. Why do you persevere, apparently unluckily, and continue to complain about it?

kasparovkasparov
    • Total Posts 662

Ginge, the thing looked good value because there was a spare few hundred thousand left over from previous rollovers. And it often is good value. But it all depends on the permutations. To take an extreme example if every horse in each race was 19-1 then the chances of winning would be 1 in 64 million, which is a bad deal because it costs £2 per line and max winnings today were about £800k. On the other hand if every horse is 4-1 then the chance of winning is about 15000-1. In that case it would be worth doing lots of full perms covering every possibility until the rollover equalled the pool deduction.

Now, most of the time it’s not so extreme. But today there were very few low odds combinations so it wasn’t a good day to do the bet as the lower odds combinations would likely be overbet and the higher odds ones would be worse than a six horse acca.

Participant
    • Total Posts 26575

Fair enough Kasparov.

Thumbs up. :)

value is everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26575

eh?

:lol:

Plenipotentiary,
    Nothing to do with me being smug.
    You’ve been going on about how difficult Flat racing is, yet you choose to do the most difficult bet of them all. And then complain how difficult that bet is. Doesn’t make sense.

If you want it to be easier to win, concentrate on easier races and single bets.

How much I bet to each "point" is my business, and my business alone. I find writing in £’s in a tipping thread a touch vulgar (but each to his own). To advise someone to bet £100 on a horse when that person might be struggling to put food on the table is crazy. (Some forums don’t allow £’s in betting threads for that very reason). Likewise to advise a multi-millionaire to bet just £100 is too little. I write my thread in points so that (if there is anyone following the tips) he/she/they can decide how much they want a point to represent.

I know my stakes might seem high, compared to most people betting in "points". But it all depends on scale. My 10 points to 80 points (haven’t exactly got an upper limit, rarely goes above 75) is the same as another mans 1 to 8 point or 0.1 to 0.8 point staking plan. I just use those figures because it is easier for me to work out my actual stakes Those figures timesed by Y to make my stake. Leave it to you to guess what "Y" is.

The figure that is telling is the percentage profit on stakes. :wink:

value is everything
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17722

eh?

:lol:

Plenipotentiary,
    Nothing to do with me being smug.
    You’ve been going on about how difficult Flat racing is, yet you choose to do the most difficult bet of them all. And then complain how difficult that bet is. Doesn’t make sense.

If you want it to be easier to win, concentrate on easier races and single bets.

How much I bet to each "point" is my business, and my business alone. I find writing in £’s in a tipping thread a touch vulgar (but each to his own). To advise someone to bet £100 on a horse when that person might be struggling to put food on the table is crazy. (Some forums don’t allow £’s in betting threads for that very reason). Likewise to advise a multi-millionaire to bet just £100 is too little. I write my thread in points so that (if there is anyone following the tips) he/she/they can decide how much they want a point to represent.

I know my stakes might seem high, compared to most people betting in "points". But it all depends on scale. My 10 points to 80 points (haven’t exactly got an upper limit, rarely goes above 75) is the same as another mans 1 to 8 point or 0.1 to 0.8 point staking plan. I just use those figures because it is easier for me to work out my actual stakes Those figures timesed by Y to make my stake. Leave it to you to guess what "Y" is.

The figure that is telling is the percentage profit on stakes. :wink:

I didn’t need an explanation of the why you post in points. I was asking how much.
    This thread was started as a bit of sarcasm to illustrate the insane difficulty of that bet.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.