The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Sat at Aintree – sellout ?

Home Forums Horse Racing Sat at Aintree – sellout ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    horsestats
    • Total Posts 52

Simple question folks.

Does anyone know the situation as i have at this late stage decided i would like to go and have been in the past and never had any problem getting in on the day paying on the gate

However i’ve heard its a sellout – is this true ?

Could somebody tell me whether i can get in and if so to which enclosures on the day Saturday for the Grand National.

The course facilities are massively improved over the last couple of years as i witnessed when attending last April (on the Thursday) and in October when Monets beat Kauto.

I am desperately keen to know the accessibility situation from somebody in the know please.

WelshWizard1973
    • Total Posts 185

I would suggest that you give the Aintree ticket hotline a call in the morning on 0151 522 2929 to find out the current situation.

One thing is for sure is that there will be plenty of touts selling tickets outside.

Good luck.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Not sure of the current situation but last week they only had a limited number of Tatts and Steeplechase enclosure tickets remainingn.

As the Wizard suggests the best bet is to ring the ticket line.

PAULCS
    • Total Posts 529

Last year I just strolled up on all 3 days and paid on the door to get into Tatts and that was in terrific weather so maybe you have a chance.

I intend to do the same on the opening 2 days this year.

vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 915

the year before last we went via coach there were a couple on who hadnt pre purchased tickets they couldnt get tatts sold out on day and they ended up having to stay in the coach parking area

dont be left disappointed

vf

horsestats
    • Total Posts 52

According to the official site it says Tattersalls is sold out, and looks like most of the more expensive enclosures too so its gonna be rammed for sure. The quality of racing tomorrow (Thu) is so good its worth considering going then instead to be honest.

vikingflagship
    Participant
    • Total Posts 915

have alook on ebay someone maybe selling tickets on there but make sure they are geniune and its prob best if you can collect them now as may not arrive in post intime

vf

no idea
    • Total Posts 685

If you cannot find a ticket tout outside Aintree I will eat my hat.

There are a large number every year at Cheltenham so why Aintree would be different I do not know.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.