The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Saludos

Home Forums Memorials Saludos

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 3

First post from long time follower:
    Came down on the flat between hurdles at Punchestown this afternoon. Jockey appeared to be trying to pull him up or he faltered, then he fell. Not clear what happened but sadly have to assume he did not survive.

JinxyJack
    • Total Posts 2

Not certain because I missed the end of the race but it looked like poor Saludos broke down badly in Ireland today. Does anyone know what happened? Poor horse, it looked awful but the view was partially obscured.

• Total Posts 149

Oh, I hope not, one of my favourites, I really hope it’s not as bad as you think it is, but not optimistic :(

• Total Posts 149

Jessica Harrington said on Twitter that Saludos suffered a heart attack during the race and that he was much loved. :((((

BlackGold
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1487

Ah, I did wonder. I’ve just viewed the race and he seemed to stumble a little and then just collapsed, which made me wonder if it was a pelvic injury.

Hopefully, he didn’t suffer. RIP, Saludos.

RubyLight
    • Total Posts 320

Very sad to hear this. Rest in peace Saludos.

His head was hanging down and Robbie Power already noticed what would happen and try to pull him up. This time the Irish commentator (Des Scahill) mentioned something about him falling and being injured prior to taht. This was not entirely correct, but finally Des told us the truth from the very beginning. I think this is quite positive and the opposite of ignorant or anything else what we already know from the Irish coverage.

linnet
    Participant
    • Total Posts 101

RIP sad end for a very good horse :cry:

mamamia
    • Total Posts 50

RIP Saludos. Too young to lose your life. Thoughts to all connections. :cry: :cry:

Too many horses have died this weekend. Makes me want to stop watching. :(

Participant
    • Total Posts 16968

RIP Poor Saludos, how sad to go this way, thoughts to all connections :cry:

Can’t believe how many horses have gone in the last few days and too upset to post for all at moment.

I know that by coming to this thread we will hear about horses that some of us might have missed and never know their fate.

My old bookie used to tell me of the horrific incidences, many in novice races, that they saw day by day but I never believed, then, that so many dear horses died each week for the sport…RIP to each any every one of them :cry: :cry: :cry:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Participant
    • Total Posts 385

RIP :cry:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.