The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ruby Walsh complains about race times

Home Forums Horse Racing Ruby Walsh complains about race times

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1927

The hypocrite, he has for years tried to get Racing UK/tv to get all the courses they can especially the irish now they have them he is moaning about the race times and comes up with a solution every race should 32 minutes apart :wacko:

Maybe Ruby if you allowed Sky Sports Racing and Rtv to have equal courses instead of trying to get them all on your beloved Rtv then the clashes wouldn’t be as noticable.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/ruby-walsh-its-time-to-stop-the-fiasco-of-races-going-off-on-top-of-each-other/405582

Participant
    • Total Posts 4118

There is one huge problem in my opinion: Why is all the “good” racing mostly run on a Saturday? Or even on a Friday nowadays. The week has seven days, horses don’t care on which day of the week they have to run, stable staff has to work almost 7 days a week non-stop, so why not reverting to the good old times?
    How about a Derby on a Wednesday or a Cheltenham Gold Cup on a Thursday again?
    With the internet accessible all over the world and roughly 7 billion mobile phones being used, there is no need to concentrate 6 or 7 meetings on a Saturday. Just use the entire week…..

Blocked
    • Total Posts 1667

The bean counters and marketing geniuses at racecourses want as many heavy drinking casual racegoers at their marque events as possible. The kind of clientele that tends not to take days off work for something as trivial as horse racing.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4118

The kind of clientele that tends not to take days off work for something as trivial as horse racing.

In the past 27 years, I’ve taken 25 times a whole week off for Cheltenham. Even if you’re not there, it’s like being in a different world when the Festival starts off on Tuesday.

Colin Phillips
    Participant
    • Total Posts 313

I think Bachelor’s Hall has it right but I think the “bean-counters” may be wrong. The people who go racing for the craic and the booze don’t care about the quality of the racing and would turn up if there were six Class 6 handicaps on the card.

I admit to being a traditionalist and I would love to see the Derby being returned to a Wednesday and the Cheltenham Festival back to three days.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1326

I think Ruby is spot on TBH. I also like punting on class 2 and above racing so i’m happy most of that is on a Saturday.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.