The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

RSA Chase 2010

Home Forums Archive Topics RSA Chase 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 553 total)
  • Author
    halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

How about Catch Me’s gutsy performance :P

In all honesty though, that was probably Catch Me’s best performance for a while. For a minute I though he was going to come up with a last minute run

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Has Mikael d’Haugnent lost a leg or something as this horse has drifted in the RSA and Arkle betting. i noticed it in Hills today 14 for the Arkle and 8 in the RSA.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

"The Ante-Post King" wrote:

Very impressive performance by Pandorama. His jumping wasn’t that fluent in the early part of the race but got better the further they went. That was probably the best 3m novice performance we have seen so far.

Still 12/1 available!This horse is one of those very slow learners,particularly when it comes to jumping fences,but he is certainly going the right way and he has an engine!Cheltenhams fences will catch him out i"m afraid thm!Unless of course connections can give him 3 or 4 more runs to build him up for the big one!

I"ll stand by that quote for now! I was more impressed with Weapons Amnesty finishing 2nd to Pandorama at Leopardstown today than the winner!

I backed Pandorama at 12/1 before today’s race. I wasn’t shocked at all by Weapon’s Amnesty’s performance, he’s a festival winner. I think that’s the strongest field assembled for a 3m novice chase so far this season. While he may not have routed the opposition, he showed he stays and has the will ti win in a dogfight. Reminded me slightly of Cooldine getting headed by Forpadydeplasterer before battling back.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Quote from Nole Meade:

"We brought him to Dundalk to work recently and I felt he just wasn’t 100 per cent so I was a bit worried coming here today.

"I was considering running him again in the Dr Moriarty but won’t run nowuntil Cheltenham."

Suggests Pandorama might have more in his locker.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Cheltenham should have better ground than that at Leopardstown yesterday and i would confidently bet that Weapons Amnesty will beat Pandorama in the RSA! Davy Russell seriously over did the waiting tactics yesterday and was basically beaten by the ground!Oh yes if Mikael fails to get to Cheltenham this year,i can see myself recovering my losses with interest on this fellow!Long Run is still too novicey! Weird Al would be a danger to all as he is a very lightly raced but fast improving sort!

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Overdid the waiting tactics?! :shock:

He headed Pandorama if I remember correctly. The race was there to be won. Don’t know about getting better ground at the festival, maybe slightly, but the ground wasn’t too bad there yesterday. He’s definitely one of the major players though.

And now Diamond Harry is back in the picture!

bees knees
    • Total Posts 16

Pandorama will need cheltenham to be soft or worse come March to have any chance as he just lacks that turn of foot that the likes of mikael dag and punchestowns posses

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I disagree I think the horse has got a turn of foot. Look at how he quickened between the last 2 fences the last day, he’s no mooch.

And I’m not convinced Punchestowns will appreciate a slog either. If he and Pandorama come into the straight head to head both of the bridle, I know wwho I’d want my money to be on.

bees knees
    • Total Posts 16

Im not saying he’s a badhorse by any means but if soft doesnt appear in the goin description,he hasnt got a chance.Apart from cooldine last year,uk clearly are streets ahead in quailty in terms of chasers and more importantly cheltenham sucesses

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Soft ground would definitely aid his cause.

I don’t think the novice chasers in Britain are ahead of the Irish in either the 2m or 3m divisions. The RSA is imo without doubt the more open race and there are a good few contenders in this who I wouldn’t write off. Mainly English, but I expect the likes of Weapons Amnesty, Pandorama and Mikael D’Haguenet to give them a serious run for their money.

• Total Posts 4293

Waley-Cohen, whose son Sam rode Long Run at Kempton, told racingpost.com."We’re rather keen on the Sandown race because the faster pace will help him to settle better.

"That was the reason for our preference over the Reynoldstown at this stage. It depends on what happens at Sandown as to whether he runs again before theCheltenham Festival. I was thrilled with his win at Kempton, and I believe we must carefully nurture his great talent over the next 12 months."

Is that code for we might run in the Arkle instead of the RSA?[/color:2iywg1gx]

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

No Gerald – it’s code for he’s won over the distance before so there’s no point in bottoming him before Cheltenham. The RSA has been the plan since the horse was 3 at the risk of stating the obvious I love him to bits and have done since I first saw him in November 2008.

Could potentially have won 5 Grade 1 races by April and he’s still only just turned 5 :)

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Keywords being "could", and "potentially".

• Total Posts 2184

They were apparently a small bit disappointed with Pandorama up in Tu Va. He hadn’t worked well at Dundalk and he didn’t look as good in his coat as he did at Fairyhouse.

There’s plenty of improvement left in him and Carberry back on top come March will be a bonus.

Sure, he doesn’t have as good a turn of foot as the French breds, but how often is this race won by a classy speedy type? The RSA nearly always turns into a slog and this horse will keep galloping all the way to the line.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

They were apparently a small bit disappointed with Pandorama up in Tu Va. He hadn’t worked well at Dundalk and he didn’t look as good in his coat as he did at Fairyhouse.

There’s plenty of improvement left in him and Carberry back on top come March will be a bonus.

Sure, he doesn’t have as good a turn of foot as the French breds, but how often is this race won by a classy speedy type? The RSA nearly always turns into a slog and this horse will keep galloping all the way to the line.

Imperial,your horse reminds me an awful lot of a previous RSA winner in the last 10yrs, which one? Clocks ticking!

• Total Posts 638

His style and head carriage have long reminded me a lot of Looks Like Trouble…Pandorama looks the likeliest winner to me at this tage.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

His style and head carriage have long reminded me a lot of Looks Like Trouble…Pandorama looks the likeliest winner to me at this tage.

Wrong Shabby,nothing like him!

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 553 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.