The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

RSA Chase 2010

Home Forums Archive Topics RSA Chase 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 154 through 170 (of 553 total)
  • Author
    Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Yet another win for Rubi Ball on Sunday – the Maurice Gillois form gets better and better :)

douginho
    • Total Posts 1046

Mighty Man wins again and was too big at 25-1. A few quid each way has been placed. He was as good a hurdler as Punchestowns, and yet is 6 times the price. He has jumped well on unsuitable ground both runs over fences and looked to enjoy it. Worthwhile risk to take.

Duke Of Marmalade
    • Total Posts 79

Mighty Man wins again and was too big at 25-1. A few quid each way has been placed. He was as good a hurdler as Punchestowns, and yet is 6 times the price. He has jumped well on unsuitable ground both runs over fences and looked to enjoy it. Worthwhile risk to take.

His odds did look big and I took a couple of quid myself after his first run but I personally wouldn’t say that even in his prime he was ever as good a hurdler as Punchestowns. I know many will disagree but he was made to look good by the lack of quality opposition. Also Punchestowns is a young horse on the way up, Mighty man has put in a reasonable level of performance since his comeback from injury but is surely past his best. I do like the way he jumps, but I’d be suprised if he didn’t find a few too good on the day. Would be happy to be proved wrong though :)

• Total Posts 2440

A really good horse is Mighty Man and his jumping over fences has been brilliant.

So good to see him winning races again.

douginho
    • Total Posts 1046

Definite potential for laying off with Mighty Man, especially if he turns up for the RSA. Thats one option anyway, get myself a free bet. Punchestowns possibly is better hurdler and is more on an upward curve but I am a sucker for these old timers, these old friends!

• Total Posts 1046

Mighty Man is out for the season, apparently.

douginho
    • Total Posts 1046

Yeah read that earlier. Gutted tbh, not for my small ante post punt but for the connections. Mighty Man will be 11 by next spring, I just wonder if connections will retire him. Having survived one huge injury scare in his career they might feel they are pushing there luck. Hope not but would totally understand.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I have been talking to one of the "Ladbrokes" supervisors and he has been in communication with one of the odds compilers,who says the best price they will give me now about Mikael winning the RSA is a measly 8/1, No price for the Arkle!
    Ladbrokes still think that Mr Mullins will run him in the RSA even without a prep! I wont count my pigeons just yet Grass,this one seems to be going to the wire,i have virtually given up on him myself! :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 295

Alan King’s horses are back in form.

For me the best value in the RSA is Bensalem @ 25/1 each way. His hurdle form is within a whisker of diamond harry but he is several times the price.

I don’t think VPU will win the Game Spirit but expect him to run well and then connections will opt for the Ryanair. He is now down to 8/1 and will probably go off close to favourite in the Ryanair with a good show at Newbury.

25/1 & 8/1 £10 each way double wins you £2500 if they both win and over £200 for the place

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Alan King’s horses are back in form.

For me the best value in the RSA is Bensalem @ 25/1 each way. His hurdle form is within a whisker of diamond harry but he is several times the price.

Fair enough Sea Pigeon, i just feel another year under Bensalems belt and he will be the real deal,i have him short listed for next seasons Hennessey already,he strikes me as still a bit immature mentally and perhaps that would be his achilles in a race of the magnitude of the RSA! Big price though! :) Bensalem is very much a "Turtle Island" in respect of the ground i feel also!

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Absolutely marvellous performance from Punchestowns after that terrible blunder!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Absolutely marvellous performance from Punchestowns after that terrible blunder!

Doesn"t harm Somersbys chances either! Punchestowns though will certainly give his backers a few frights on his way round Cheltenham though! :?

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

We watching the same race Thehorsesmouth?

Didn’t appear to be too much left and compare what happened to Tchico Polos (was 20+ lengths down when falling in the Feltham) compared to today and I don’t think RWC will be losing too much sleep.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Well I thought he beat Tchico Polos very well considering the mistake. The reason Tchico Polos was beaten so far the last time is that he doesn’t stay 3m. Punchestowns jumping wasn’t great in general though and I’m still happy enough with being on the Irish brigade :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Weird Al, now there’s a horse…

Good for Diamond Harry.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Excellent stuff from

Weird Al

up at Wetherby there, stiff fences tested him well as did Knockara Beau,the form is solid and further improvement to come!Yes we could have seen the RSA winner here today! :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

I just wonder if he’s not more of a Gone To Lunch-type, ie. 4 miler

Viewing 17 posts - 154 through 170 (of 553 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.