The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

RPR PLUS FINEFORM

Home Forums Archive Topics Systems RPR PLUS FINEFORM

Viewing 5 posts - 18 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 899

Gunfighter, 7/1, wins the opener at Doncaster for the FF + RPR system.

Cosmo Naughty
    • Total Posts 53

I also adapted FineForm.
    The origional was a max of 13. I added 3 for a win on the same going. Or 2 for a win on both sides of the prevailing going. Or 1 for a win only one side of the prevailing going. I also added something for trainer %age wins at the track and the same but less for Jockey. Something else I found that was important was the betting f/cast position. I awarded points for that too. It’s a good indicator of a horses winning chance. Anyway…I did it for quite a long time…successfully too. But, I got bored and moved onto something else. That is the fate of all system fans.:)

class tells
    • Total Posts 207

this is the first week i,ve used fineform and added in weight . thought this would just not work but had a go to see what it would show up its came up with a horse that looks realy good at the weightsold bennyits also going from top weght lto to bottom today and trainer won this last year with bottom weight worth a look

Participant
    • Total Posts 16

Hi Everyone

Not been on here for awhile now.

Anyway, I’ve been reading FineForm again and found something of interest on pages 53 & 54.

There is three systems mentioned on these pages.The first one is called Supreme Time System,that is based on raceform standard times.Second one is Swiftwin Sources for Busy Bettors,this one is based on topspeed.The last but not leaset is Special Junior System this has something to do with market pointers.

I’ve searched for these systems in the last week or so,with no luck.

Has anyone any idea how these systems work or even a copy of them?

Happy Punting.

Kevin

Participant
    • Total Posts 313

I can help with two of them. They appear in the book ‘Profitable betting Strategies’.

THE SUPREME TIME SYSTEM
    Note any winner that wins on -a Group One racecourse in BETTER THAN STANDARD TIME and back it on its subsequent outings, throughout that season, deleting the horse from the list as soon as it wins another race. A horse which has been deleted after winning can re-enter by fulfilling the above qualifications again, this also includes any listed horse whose win when backed was in better than standard time on a group one racecourse.

Horses which dead heat for first place in a qualifying race are both listed for future bets and horses which win below standard time and are subsequently disqualified from first place qualify as selections to follow. Dead heats for first place for a listed horse counts as a win and the horse is deleted from the list; ignore walk-overs.

In addition to the above, I recommend close study of the Free Handicap run at Newmarket each year in April. If this valuable three year old handicap over seven furlongs does not already give a selection and it is run within two seconds of standard time, then refer to the speed ratings and note the horse which records the highest figure and add this to the list of horses to be backed as if it had qualified in the normal way. Should two or more have the same figure, just take the one that finished ahead of the others.

A list of selections to back will build up gradually throughout the season and they are only backed during the season of which they qualified.

The official race returns as published by Raceform in the Handicap Book show the time for each race at the foot of the race. The better than average time is denoted by U for under eg.: 2m 8.25 (U.25). Times that are above standard time ie. slower than standard time are denoted thus: 2m 8.25 (.25). So in the first example the time was .25 seconds faster than or under standard time whilst in the second example the race was run in .25 seconds slower than or above standard time. Ignore equal to standard times.

THE SPECIAL JUNIOR SYSTEM
    At the following former Group One Racecourses plus Chester’s 3 day meeting in May (Group One in effect), note all two year old races excluding sellers.

ASCOT, AYR, CHESTER (May), DONCASTER, EPSOM, GOODWOOD, HAYDOCK, KEMPTON, NEWBURY, NEWCASTLE, NEWMARKET, SANDOWN and YORK.

After the result of each two year old race, list any FAVOURITE that was making its racecourse debut, win, lose or withdrawn, and back it for one win within a maximum of its next five outings, deleting it from the list as soon as it wins. No qualifying horse is backed more than five times and only during the season of which it qualified.
    To operate with your normal daily newspaper, just check the favourites from the results against the previous day’s racecards and list the qualifiers in alphabetical order for ease of future reference against the newspaper’s runners’ index.

Please note that FAVOURITE in this text means FIRST FAVOURITE, ie. the horse returned in the official S.P. at the shortest odds. If two or more horses share the shortest price, then, both or all would be listed, providing they were making their racing debuts, ie. first time on a racecourse. This is best identified by no form figures preceeding their names on the newspaper’s racecard.

Viewing 5 posts - 18 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.