The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Rishi’s quality interviews…

Home Forums Horse Racing Rishi’s quality interviews…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    betlargebetlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

Aaaah!  Did you see Rishi’s fleeting interview with Brendan Powell jnr (aged about 10yrs).

The poor kid was camera shy, mumbled his words and didn’t really make sense with his puerile vocabulary.

Brendan, on the other hand…(etc etc)

Mike

Wallace
    Participant
    • Total Posts 862

Persad is one of a numer of racing presenters/commentators who are very lucky to earn a living from the industry.  The people who make the appointments ahve a lot to answer for.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17727

Surprised he didn’t ask;

"And what did it feel like, riding a winner on your ….Rocking Horse/Scooter/Quadbike on Xmas day"?

Totally lacking in charisma, talent, and knowledge, it is increasingly difficult to see what purpose he serves?

Meshaheer
    • Total Posts 486

Almost as bad as Thommo asking Ruby Walsh after he’d won the KG on Kauto Star: "How does it feel?"

:banghead:

Nayodabayo
    • Total Posts 40

The most amusing part of his interview had been Powell’s attempt to avoid being collared by Mr Persad.

Meshaheer:  your icon friend’s must visit a cracking dentist…

colinf
    • Total Posts 145

Most of you can count yourselves lucky that you don’t have to watch Tracey Piggott on Irish tv.

Maxilon 5Maxilon 5
    • Total Posts 2432

I think young Rishi is jolly and charismatic actually.

Using a modern, shallow, TV-friendly approach, the young presenter manages to explain an often impenetrable sport to a wider audience on their own terms.  

If a horse "makes a noise" and finishes out with the washing at tips on, he’ll ask connections why. And at the same time, he’ll ask what "making a noise" is.  Fair play to him.

Just balancing the debate a bit!!;)

BurroughhillBurroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1638

I’m going to balance it a bit more. He’s not too bad……well not all the time! Yes he asks some stupid questions, but he’s the friendly, personable face of the enthusiastic amateur and serves a purpose I think on mainstream TV. He can at least get his words out and is a natural cheerful chappie. I’d rather have him that Thommo or Big Mac any day!

betlargebetlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

I think young Rishi is jolly and charismatic actually.

Using a modern, shallow, TV-friendly approach, the young presenter manages to explain an often impenetrable sport to a wider audience on their own terms.  

If a horse "makes a noise" and finishes out with the washing at tips on, he’ll ask connections why. And at the same time, he’ll ask what "making a noise" is.  Fair play to him.

Just balancing the debate a bit!!

It’s a fair point.  I’m only really taking the p*ss because I find him so naff.  Despite having posted a few critical remarks, I’m never really that bothered by presenters or commentators – I just watch the racing.

In fact the only time I was really offended was when they knighted Peter O’Sullevan for the outstanding achievement of doing his (some would say petty) job passably well.

I actually like Thommo as he is uber-naff in a postmodern ironic sort of a way.

Big fella.  Marvellous.

Mike

Sailing Shoes
    • Total Posts 368

Thommo- ubernaff

Love his commentary…… :cool:

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6940

I always find Rishi far more at ease and competent doing his stuff in the RUK booth than when dispatched to wherever on course / in the paddock the BBC Racing producers have deemed it appropriate this week.

He is not in the same class journalistically as Lydia, but like her (before leaving Auntie Beeb) has had to make the best of some fairly joyless assignments time and again.

gc<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Pat123
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3121

I hear Rishi will be presenting the BBC highlights from next year’s Cricket World Cup……….. I dread to think what will happen if he comes out with some of his gems whilst working alongside Geoffrey Boycott.

The phrase car crash tv comes to mind.

stevedvg
    • Total Posts 1137

I dread to think what will happen if he comes out with some of his gems whilst working alongside Geoffrey Boycott.

They’re obviously giving Boycott some practice by using that Manish guy to cover the Ashes.

He’s so hopeless I wonder if he’s ever played the game.

I would have thought the BBC could find a presenter that actually understands cricket … but obviously not … clearly the licence fee doesn’t extend to that.

So, instead, we’ll have this guy and jack-of-no-trades Rishi.

**** me.

Steve

Pat123
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3121

Rishi was given the cricket presenters job because he was born in the caribbean. At least his relatives will see what a fine young man he has become. :biggrin: :biggrin:  

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.