The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Rishi Persad leaves RUK

Home Forums Horse Racing Rishi Persad leaves RUK

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    bimble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 77

<br>  Watching RUK this afternoon , it was announced that <br>  today is Rishi Persad ‘ s last day at RUK .  

He is going to work full – time for the BBC .

bear
    • Total Posts 143

Good

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Quote: from bear on 6:41 pm on May 25, 2007[br]Good

Ditto, Bear.<br>

heffo
    • Total Posts 319

Good, that he’s going to the BBC where ye can see more of him or good that he’s left RUK so ye will see less of him?  :biggrin:  

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Quote: from heffo on 8:32 pm on May 25, 2007[br]Good, that he’s going to the BBC where ye can see more of him or good that he’s left RUK so ye will see less of him?  :biggrin:  

Less of course Heffo, if he ever said anything controversial, he would probably feel so guilty, that he would head off to the nearest church and beg for forgiveness.<br>This guy never gets his butt off the fence.

betlargebetlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

He is going to work full – time for the BBC .

<br>In the canteen?

Mike

heffo
    • Total Posts 319

On his first stint working for the old ‘At The Races’ he BISMARKED a 33/1 shot, which duly won.<br>He’ll always be a legend in my books for that one.

Ted
    • Total Posts 150

Oh good, a racing presenter we had forgotten to slag off.

bear
    • Total Posts 143

Quote: from bear on 6:41 pm on May 25, 2007[br]Good<br>

Riddance

Bigmelly
    • Total Posts 10

Rishi is a typical BBC pundit. Says nothing that will upset the apple cart.

Lets get presenters that ill tell it as it is. Jockey rode a crap race, trainers is at it, horse is useless. It mind make losing our money that wee bit easier!!!

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

There are slander laws, y’know, MELLY!;)

Colin

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

Harsh, Bigmelly (welcome to the forum btw). Connections seem reluctant enough to speak to the media as it is, without presenters slagging them off and pointing fingers left, right and centre. Although it does get frustrating when they point-blank refuse to dish out critiscism when it’s oh so clearly due!

I think Rishi will suit the Beeb a bit better personally, because he’s more of a presenter and less of a (i.e. a pretty uselss) pundit, which is more befitting of racing on terrestrial TV.

betlargebetlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2663

Hmmm, I see him more in a non-racing role such as Rishi’s Monday Morning Kitchen, where the affable funster shows you a quick and simple souffle recipe for those embarrassing moments when friends have just popped…(etc, etc, etc).

Oh, and keep him away from the feckin’ cricket.

Mike

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

One I don’t think we’ve moaned about before!

Anthony Kemp (I think) got on my t*ts yesterday.

It’s not my/your favourite, it’s THE feckin’ favourite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:

Sorry about that.

Colin

PS. apologies for any typos but it is not easy to type accurately when you have a cat sat on your computer table obliterating most of the screen, BLESS!!!!!

(Edited by seabird at 11:22 am on May 27, 2007)

bimble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 77

<br>  It looks like Anthony Kemp is the replacement for Rishi Persad .  He was the studio anchorman on Saturday and <br>was the presenter at Newmarket yesterday .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.