The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ripon 9-20

Home Forums Horse Racing Ripon 9-20

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    nore
    • Total Posts 151

That Jalil might not stay the ten furlongs – the price-tag will be like a milestone around his neck! :biggrin:

Money on
    • Total Posts 178

He looked a little quirky the last day when Frankie pulled his whip through and imo he looks a jumper.

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

He was enormously green at Newbury – Jalil is a big and unfurnished horse.  I have no doubt he will be very nice in time if he progresses but he needs time to fill out IMO as he is a large animal, just a frame still really.

sberrysberry
    • Total Posts 1801

burnt fingers coming up ?

Jim JTSJim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

won as expected, still looks a bit on the weak side.

a jumper he is NOT!

RobinFromIreland
    • Total Posts 72

as an aside, is Fusaichi Pegasus still the most expensive ($4m) yearling sold that won a G1?

Who knows what will happen with The Green Monkey? At least Jalil won a race.

CarryOnRacing
    • Total Posts 48

I was at Ripon yesterday, the horse itself looks fantastic he is enormous and very imposing.<br>On the track itself he is a different story, ‘quirky’ as someone put below is probably the correct word and he was given a big scare by Fantastic Morning in the final furlong. He is entered in the King Edward at Royal Ascot and needs to improve tremendously.

Librettist
    • Total Posts 559

It was no surprise Jalil failed to impress on the undulations at Ripon. Even on a flat track like Newbury in his previous race he hung and was unbalanced. I don’t think we’ll see the best of him for quite a while yet, but how good that might be is anyone’s guess.

Ironically enough, Fantastic Morning is a Godolphin cast-off who joined Mark Johnston as a 3yo and who was presumably thought not good enough to race in their colours.

(Edited by Librettist at 11:41 am on June 7, 2007)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.