The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Richmond Stakes 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Richmond Stakes 2009

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4825

Dont see why Moran Gra should be almost 4 times the price of Rakaan (trainer factor?) given the distance between them in the Coventry. Xtension has franked that form nicely.

Frankie is flying and Godolphin had a nice winner yesterday. Buzzword looked useful at Windsor, Yaa Wayl from that race has won a maiden run at a sound pace at Thirsk since.

14/1 and 8/1 respectively.

blackfingernail
    • Total Posts 108

i like Rakaan but cannot bring myself to back a maiden in a group 2, brian meehan has shown a lot of faith in him.

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

I do fancy the chances of Dick Turpin, although the evens on offer does seem like highway robbery. :?

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3177

Agree with Cav here – don’t see why Moran Gra is the price he is :)

wallace-no7
    • Total Posts 1511

Moran was never travelling today although did stay on very well again towards the end of the race.

Looked a little one paced but did miss the break and had very little room.

Ian
    • Total Posts 1415

I thought that was seriously impressive from Dick Turpin given that his breeding suggests he should get a mile no problem. In fact he ran like a horse that wants further IMO didn’t quicken instantly but ran on really well.

Hannon has an embarassment of riches in the 2yo department at the moment and Canford Cliffs is obviously the one they hold in highest regard but at 33/1 this fella isn’t a bad ante post bet for the 2000 Guineas given that Canford Cliffs shows so much natural speed.

wallace-no7
    • Total Posts 1511

Hannon has class 2yr olds.

But i this is a big but….where is the Gosden/Stoute/Cecil/Meehan 2yr olds.

Okay i know Meehan has a few but early summer 2yr old form can prove very unreliable come the end of the term especially when the horses are very speedy and arent neccesairly going to improve as a 3yr old.

I would wait until the biggest races starting at the Morny.

Also there is a chance that many of these horses wont be in training with Hannon next year.

I just cant see the point in Antepost this early for next years classics.

Ian
    • Total Posts 1415

Hannon has class 2yr olds.

But i this is a big but….where is the Gosden/Stoute/Cecil/Meehan 2yr olds.

Okay i know Meehan has a few but early summer 2yr old form can prove very unreliable come the end of the term especially when the horses are very speedy and arent neccesairly going to improve as a 3yr old.

I would wait until the biggest races starting at the Morny.

Also there is a chance that many of these horses wont be in training with Hannon next year.

I just cant see the point in Antepost this early for next years classics.

Stoute and Gosden will take their time with their two year olds although they may have more middle distance types.

Cecil and Meehan I’d be surprised if either of them have anything to make too much of an impact. Cecil has nothing like the string he used to have. Ok he’s had a bit of a resurgence over the last year or two but he is no longer a major force and Meehan similarly is Championship rather than Premiership.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Meehan does have Arcano, Ian.

Ian
    • Total Posts 1415

Meehan does have Arcano, Ian.

True but i don’t think Arcano will be quite good enough. Just my opinion.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.