The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Richard Ford – new yard?

Home Forums Horse Racing Richard Ford – new yard?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ten Plus
    • Total Posts 811

Just been watching Cartmel and heard that Richard Ford’s winner came from his new yard near the M6 – anyone know where he’s moved to?

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

John Stimpson has been training from a purpose built yard right beside the M6 near Newcastle-Under-Lyme. I would imagine it’s the same yard

Ten Plus
    • Total Posts 811

Thanks – just been confirmed on Racing UK. His good old Chabrimal Minster has just won the vet chase for the 3rd time!

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6964

I don’t know if this was also mentioned on air, but the

yesterday reported that Ford moved as his lease was up at Tarporley and the landlord wouldn’t let him build an all-weather gallop, so they went their separate ways.

Stimpson, meanwhile, has had spare capacity at this M6-side operation following his split with Barry Leavy a few months back. I can’t remember where Leavy is operating out of now, though both men are still using the same first-choice jockey in Danny Cook.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

I can’t find the thread where you said Ford was the man to follow at Cartmel graysonscolumn but well done with that – circa +20pts over the 2 days from just 5 runners or so.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6964

David – hope you remembered that mantra in time to pile into Colditz at the Lakeland idyll on Thursday evening. One horse at the whole meeting, one winner at 7-2. Sorted.

gc

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6964

I think the Ford / Stimpson relationship has become more entwined than hitherto, judged on the fact Zed Candy is still owned by Stimpson (under his JTS International moniker) but ran with Ford named as the trainer at Yarmouth this afternoon.

Presumably Stimpson’s assorted "Jawbreaker" horses, plus Carnt Spell if he’s still suitably corpus mentis, will also follow.

gc

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.