The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

results

Viewing 12 posts - 18 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 772

thanks firefox…..

mistakes will happen.

• Total Posts 772

only joking Rob

it’s cool that there are different levels of interest and activity on the forum.

byefrom
    carlisle 8)

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

sure thing…. i have set myself a target to make £250,000 from betting by the
    4th October 2010. "No holds barred"

Don’t forget who your friends are carlisle. Any particular reason for the 4th of October, why not the 3rd or 7th. Four’s not even a prime number.

quadrilla
    • Total Posts 468

sure thing…. i have set myself a target to make £250,000 from betting by the
    4th October 2010. "No holds barred"

PONTEFRACT
    04 October 2010
    Good/Soft

Phil Bull Trophy Conditions Stakes (Class 3) (3yo+) (2m1f216y) 2m2f

Won by trainer G M Moore.

You heard it at TRF first. 8)

• Total Posts 772

Hi davejay

it’s the two year anniversary of the meeting i arranged at Wolverhampton. It’s symbolic of my determination to ACTUALLY achieve something.

For me, teamwork will produce progressive RESULTS. I lack focus and momentum working alone.

I am putting the feelers out for more "cohorts"…. seems to be some potential out there after all. Hmmmmmmm

Dave you know i have always had a soft patch for you.

byefrom
    carlisle 8)

• Total Posts 772

Hi fragle123

even i can use a Visual Basic program to capture web data 8) in my self taught way…. :wink:

i will see if i can find the code (aint used it for a while) hmmmmm…

tbc….

• Total Posts 772

heres the function….. all it requires is a data source & destination

[b:2e2czrxm]Public Class horseDOWNLOAD[/color:2e2czrxm]
    Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles FindHTML.Click
    My.Computer.Network.DownloadFile _
    ("http://www.racingpost.co.uk/horses/racing_horse_form.sd?horse_id=644374", _
    "C:Documents and SettingsGaryDesktopSourceForm1645lawHTML-644374.txt")[/color:2e2czrxm]
    End Sub
    End Class[/color:2e2czrxm][/b:2e2czrxm]

okay you need the horse_id number (but thats not a problem)

byefrom
    carlisle

fragle123
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6

Hi Carlisle
    Thanx for that i will give it a go just downloaded vb 5 or 6 express last night which is free from microsoft, they have got about half a dozen apps that can be used for free without any time trial off back to work next week so will have plenty of time to mess about with it then and i’ve just installed office 2007 and was playing about with the macro recording getting past results off RP and looked at the code and noticed that the index numbers are consecutive where as on SL site they are random, messed it up a couple of time but i will get their in the end. Had a poor week betting wise with my lays but thats got to change as well eventually, if you or anyone else want the site address for that software i will post it up for ya.
    :D

KevinTHFC
    Participant
    • Total Posts 43

Hi Fragle123,

Just a little warning, the RP Race_ID’s are not always consecutive. :roll:

Kevin

fragle123
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6

Hi Kev
    Oh thanx for that i have not properly checked them as yet i was only going on what i found yesterday while messing about with the macros cheers.

andythornton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 171

did anyone of you buy a copy of the racing post on tuesday?i hope so,because today it proved once again so valuable in finding a winner!i ll make it short:in the special national hunt pull out,i found out on the last page,that they mentioned trainer john quinn to have great success with his handicap/novice hurdlers over the past seasons.so i backed his horse in the mares hurdle handicap at uttoxeter(sorry,cant remember the horses name at the moment..),and it came back at 11-1!!i hope,you are not too angry with me for not giving the tip to you,but it only came to my mind later..next time,i will let you know.see you soon

andy

• Total Posts 772

Hi gang 8)

i would be interested to know….

"how many members use their own database to hold & analyse horse racing info?"[/color:2nkkn82r]

btw i am thinking of posting a Microsoft Access thread in the research section. "For complete tossers"….like me. I have dabbled with Access before, but i would need to go back to the start again.

byefrom
    carlisle

ps six hours study a day :? ……"YOUR AVEIN A LAFF!"

Viewing 12 posts - 18 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.