The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ready for Rishi? 2022-???? (There’s no telling with this lot)

Home Forums Lounge Ready for Rishi? 2022-???? (There’s no telling with this lot)

Viewing 17 posts - 290 through 306 (of 1,264 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8863

“I’ve always said there’s less, not more, to Sunak than meets the eye and that he’s far more right wing than many realise.”

I agree there is less than meets the eye to him. Another character in public life who is good at self promotion but has no real substance.

But I disagree he is far right. If he had been around at the time, I think Sunak would have fitted in to a Blair cabinet quite easily.

Johnt4124
    Participant
    • Total Posts 57

I see Tony Blair has been at the WEF basically saying we should all(the whole world) be digitised so ”they” will know who is resisting the new vaccines which are coming down the line. Big Brother is watching you or what?

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2849

Ah yes good old Davos, the self appointed ‘global elite’ flying in by private jet and helicopter to preach to us, amongst other things, about climate change. Couldn’t give a toss what any of them have to say.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2028

John, your family doctor will have all your medical records so will know your vaccination status; not a conspiracy.

GSP
    Participant
    • Total Posts 434

“Economically we have erected barriers between ourselves and a trading bloc of half a billion mostly wealthy people who again are on our doorstep.

And yet people and politicians just don’t see it, it’s all covid and the war causing everything 🙄. Well, politicians probably see it, they just don’t say anything”.

Did anyone say you would see any Brexit benefits as soon as we left Richard? I was on the understanding it will take several years at least to see evidence with all the unentwining we have to do, and it’s pretty naive to expect things will happen at the flick of a switch.
    We were told though by remoaners that the housing market would fall 10-15% as soon as we voted to leave. What happened to that?

And as I see it, we left on 31st Jan 2020 and just seven weeks later on 23rd March we and most of the world were in lockdowns with disruption to work, supplies, everything.

Come the start of 2022 where we truly started to get back to some sort of normality, Putin decides to invade which has thrown things up in the air again.

Brexit has never been given a chance, and even if the big two events hadn’t happened it would have still been too early to see many results.

We still have 4,000 of the laws to sort out yet. Things have been pushed back a couple of years on top of expectations already.

I can see the appetite for Brexit to fail for a number just to prove a point, even if this country goes down.
    But they are really naive if they expected to see any results now, even before two major world impact events.

I just see them as unaccepting, and undemocratic.

GSP
    Participant
    • Total Posts 434

“ Ah yes good old Davos, the self appointed ‘global elite’ flying in by private jet and helicopter to preach to us, amongst other things, about climate change. Couldn’t give a toss what any of them have to say”.

Totally agree with you Richard, the collection of so called elitists with their ego’s and their warped thoughts on the future for mankind feels like something out of a Bond Movie.

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Musk looks like a Bond villain ….

Blocked
    • Total Posts 12999

….If only he was that interesting.

I don’t agree with much Trump says, but I think he might have been spot on about Musk.

Bloke’s spent most of his life living off venture capital invested in his various projects.

Trump reckoned Musk had never actually built a business that had ever stood on its own two feet – I don’t know if that’s true (and cba to research it) but there have been plenty around like that since the original dotcom boom.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Participant
    • Total Posts 5683

Brexit is a poor man’s dream
    about how to live in rags and feel as easy as Richie’s Sunday morning.

THREE CHEERS FOR THE BREXIT BUS….

erm …

Participant
    • Total Posts 5683

What do you think Janice ?

” I’LL GIVE IT FOIVE ”

thank God for that – she’s always right !!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 1508

I like the backing!

I've stumbled on the side of twelve misty mountains
    I've walked and I crawled on six crooked highways
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5683

So do I – it’s kinda easy like leavin’ a girl you’ve been rockin’ and Rollin with for 47 years.
    All a matter of opinion.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5683

I found this fantasy gamble creation amusing but far too raw so deleted it.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5683

I met Ted Heath – he mistakenly thought I was the president of the Press Association when I was just the cloakroom attendant. It made me laugh for ten years remembering the rhythmical rise and fall of his laughing shoulders as he greeted me. Even he couldn’t see a big sixty footer EU wave fifty years in the future – possibly I could have helped him there – an island race is full of difficult opinionated embittered :rose: narrow people that don’t mix.
    Don’t do it Ted – but Ted joined the big European market place – why not he was a sailor ?
    Disjointing from this big union has been truly awful it’s like trying to remove those plastic wall panels you stick with glue in bathrooms. Almost nigh impossible to separate. We can never get Last
    Lady Willpower back – she’s nose up and hurt. Still it has been a coo coo ca choo story we’re totally fed up with and why has tech flourished so ? – because it is totally fed up with the reality of the real Britain it is immersed in so escapes into the far less stressful A1 and app world.

We’ll never get her back.

There’s a big gap in the union as union gap will remind you of …. We’ll never win her back and why revisit an old love with a big disjointed nose ?

Answer : we disjointed it !

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

Trump knocking another magnet is always hilarious , he started off thanks to daddies money and is now seriously up to his arse in debt , see Sunak finally sacked the tax dodging ******* , Starmer has even more ammo for PMQ,s ….. Boris is coming back guys , you heard it here first

Colin Phillips
    Participant
    • Total Posts 313

Sunak seems to be regressing rapidly. It would be no surprise to see him, in the not too distant future being interviewed on BBC television flanked by his parents.

GSP
    Participant
    • Total Posts 434

100 days of unelected Rishi!
    Still nothing done, no bounce back, no urgency, all the big issues still in limbo, or elsewhere.

Viewing 17 posts - 290 through 306 (of 1,264 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.