The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

racingpost talks sh$t……………..!

Home Forums Horse Racing racingpost talks sh$t……………..!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    beckster
    • Total Posts 292

contrary to the front page of racing post today is basically, bull…..!!

RACINGPOST :twisted: rang yard y,day then mr hales in barbados,but the story of which they come up with today is a very twisted version of what is told.!
    1/mr hales and paul n have not fallen out over nobby

2/ no-one has said for definate that nobby will or wont run at chelt

3/mr hales has NOT said or having problem with cheltenham as nipper(neptunecollonge) is due his first run of season there ob sataday..

mr hales is not being a buzzkill as someone said on the noland thread, hes had 1 run over fences which thankfully he ran and jumpd fab, but due to the extreamly sad loss of jack ,after not much experience over fences, naturally team hales will be cautious……

SO BASICALLY DONT BELEIVE EVERYTHINK YOU READ IN THE PAPERS LOL…… :twisted: :wink: X

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Fair enough.

Glad to read that to be honest.

I thought Noland jumped really well today for a first start over fences.

chateauonline
    • Total Posts 45

beckster I take it you work for or know the Nicholl yard well.

As I just said on the Noland thread, I think the injury is the key here. Having spent time and money getting him back to racing health, they dont want to risk injury at Cheltenham this time around – better to target a QM in 2009 than an Arkle in 6 weeks, so soon after his comeback.

beckster
    • Total Posts 292

no i work for hales…….. but yea basically its all rubbish n hopefully leg be ok 2moz, but yes leg is the key feature which most people fail to realise..x

no idea
    • Total Posts 685

Good win Beckster for Noland.

It is a long time since I have seen a novice jump so well out of bad ground.

It reminded me of a horse called A Sure Row many moons ago whose career was cut short by injury and jumped superbly also

I hope the legs are fine in the morning as I think Noland is a Festival winner in waiting and one of the best jumpers I have seen for a long time.

Good luck with his legs in the morning.

Zoso
    • Total Posts 479

SO BASICALLY DONT BELEIVE EVERYTHINK YOU READ IN THE PAPERS LOL…… X

I dont believe anything I read in the Racing Post.

(I dont actually buy it anymore, and only use the online version for form and dont bother with any of the stories).

The Racing Posts main form of income is surely from bookmakers adverts, so why anyone would trust anything that is in the paper is beyond me. Im sure they make mistakes on purpose to put punters away and keep the bookmakers happy.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Good old freedom of speech :D

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

If what you are inferring is true Beckster, namely that the RP has completely fabricated the direct quotes they are attributing to Hales, then I hope that Hales sues them. That is, of course, if you are right that they have made the whole lot up.

jodami16
    • Total Posts 27

Hi all, this is my first post and so I’ll try and be interesting….

I think having watched Noland jump today I’d relate it in terms of quality of race to that which Well Chief won at his only (I believe) chase start before the Arkle. Well Chief made two howlers that day and wasn’t considered to be a good bet in the Arkle due to his lack of experience.

Noland on the other hand jumped like a stag, and with his propensity to not tank in his races might mean he’ll make a better Sun Alliance horse. I’d reckon he’ll run in the Arkle, and be coming into it by the second last and be very very hard to hold out.

Shane

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Welcome to The Racing Forum, Jodami.

I am in two minds over Noland’s jumping. He didn’t give the fences much air, which you could say is accurate jumping, but the Folkestone fences aren’t the sternest test his jumping is going to face, and, if you take the opposite view that he was a bit low over his fences, is he going "to come a cropper" over stiffer fences?

Colin

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8966

Welcome to the forum Shane.

chateauonline
    • Total Posts 45

Jodami, good point about Well Chief. However he wasn’t coming off a long lay off due to serious injury – it is this reason why connections are trying to mind the horse’s interests above all else.

As for Noland not giving much air – his jumping style reminds me of Best Mates – and he never came unstuck!

beckster
    • Total Posts 292

oh for who ever interested nobby is fit and well today, andlegs in good form woo woo :wink:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Nice one Beckster, glad he’s ok.
    Keep us informed of plans for him; if you are able? 8)

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Good to hear that, Beckster, thanks.

Colin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.