The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Racing Post website

Home Forums Horse Racing Racing Post website

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    no idea
    • Total Posts 684

Is anybody else having problems trying to view the races section.

I keep getting the following nessage

"Race not found, please use the back button on your broswer and select another race"

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong if anything?

halfwaytoheaven
    • Total Posts 1387

Is anybody else having problems trying to view the races section.

I keep getting the following nessage

"Race not found, please use the back button on your broswer and select another race"

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong if anything?

I’m getting that too mate. Think it’s their server

fragle123
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6

Hi yeh i also had it for some of the races from mid afternoon

• Total Posts 772

Hi gang 8)

the RacingPost are re-vamping the website.
    take a look………..
    http://beta.racingpost.com/

byefrom
    carlisle

BennyB
    • Total Posts 235

Looks like it’ll be quite good once you get used to it.

I know we’ll have to pay for some bits, but I’ve always been surprised it’s for free anyway.

underscore
    • Total Posts 537

they have done away with the future races section under bloodstock…. thumbs down from me.

andythornton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 171

Hi gang 8)

the RacingPost are re-vamping the website.
    take a look………..
    http://beta.racingpost.com/

byefrom
    carlisle

yes,looks very good and competitive.also easy to navigate.im happy about it..

highflyer1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 220

Is it really necessary for RP to completely redesign their website every two years or so? The version we’ve had since 2006 is, imo, less user-friendly than its predecessor and now that I’ve just about got used to it, it’s all-change again.

Call me a cynic, but I sometimes feel that highly-paid IT consultants are justifying their existence at my expense.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Is it really necessary for RP to completely redesign their website every two years or so? The version we’ve had since 2006 is, imo, less user-friendly than its predecessor and now that I’ve just about got used to it, it’s all-change again.

Call me a cynic, but I sometimes feel that highly-paid IT consultants are justifying their existence at my expense.

The new site does appear to have considerably more functionality so I’ll give it a tentative thumbs up while I struggle to get used to the navigation.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6011

Looks very much as though charging for access to Pricewise, Spotlights, Database etc is on its way

On logging in you’re presented with a ‘Members Club’ popup at the bottom of which are these words:

‘details on prices will be confirmed once our site is completely up and running’

not really surprised

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Thanks for the link Carlsile.
    Bit of a curate’s egg, imo.
    The video pictures are much sharper than current ones, and speedier navigation would certainly be a bonus, but I can’t imagine they’d get many willing to pay for Pricewise access, etc. Much of it seems to be a ‘bet-capturing’ process which would be fair enough were video access free, but it seems they want to have there cake, and eat it.
    Be interesting to see where they go with the form and the racecards, imo it would be a massive gamble to charge for them presently.

carvillshill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2778

Why anyone would pay for Pricewise when it’s on the Betfair forum from when the paper hits King’s Cross is beyond me…

Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Why anyone would pay for Pricewise when it’s on the Betfair forum from when the paper hits King’s Cross is beyond me…

The RP are starting a new, online only Pricewise service on a daily basis.

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1932

Underscore you can as before view about a month’s worth of future meets.
    Use the calendar and click on the date you require.
    Alternatively of course you can continue to use the old site for now,do we have any idea when the old site is likely to be phased out?

underscore
    • Total Posts 537

GD – on the old site you got a full list over a 30 days period, and also a hover over the race would tell you the distance. A very nice feature and something i used a lot of…..the new site doesn’t have that.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4833

I like the layout of the new home page, its a lot cleaner than the current fruit machine version. Maybe just me and I dont read them normally but the results analysis seemed a little deeper than usual.

Certainly an improvement on an already excellent resource but most of it seems superficial and nothing I’d pay money for.

Grey Desire
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1932

Agreed,it was a very useful tool that I used regularly to see possible targets for the syndicate horses in the coming weeks before the trainer told us.
    I could then try and book days off.
    But at least we can still use it for the time being and there is a link from the new site to the old.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.