The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Racing Post – problem with log in???

Home Forums Horse Racing Racing Post – problem with log in???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Ten Plus
    • Total Posts 812

Just wondered if there’s a general problem with RP web site at the moment – or is it just me? Can’t log on – it’s just in red capitals and won’t do anything. When I try and get info it comes up with that you have to log in but there are no fields for me to do so… Contact us just comes up empty. I’ve tried shutting down internet, cleaning it up but nothing’s happening!!

:roll: :cry: :? :? :?

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Alright here.

Colin

Ten Plus
    • Total Posts 812

Thanks for that – I’m giving up now and fingers crossed it’ll be working OK in the morning!
    :cry: :cry: :cry:

Ten Plus
    • Total Posts 812

Still same problem. Can’t access the "help" section as it asks me to log in … just going round in circles. GRRHHHH!!
    Please can somebody give me an email or phone contact? Can’t survive Cheltenham without RP!!!
    :roll: :cry: :cry: :x :x

The real barney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 162

Contact Us

If you have any website related queries, please e-mail the Racing Post using one of the e-mail addresses below.

We will attempt to answer all emails within 24 hours of receiving them, during help desk hours.

The help desk is manned from 11am until 7pm Monday to Friday

Please direct your e-mails to the relevant address:

For registration and log-in queries: registration@racingpost.co.uk
    For payment queries: e-support@racingpost.co.uk
    For online shop queries: shop@racingpost.co.uk
    For Racing UK video streaming queries: customerservices@racingpost.co.uk
    For Racing Post mobile queries: mobile@racingpost.co.uk
    For payment queries including refunds email us at: videopayments@racingpost.co.uk
    For advertising queries: advertising@racingpost.co.uk
    For any other website related queries: internet@racingpost.co.uk

Please note: We will not respond to or action any e-mails sent to the above addresses that are not website related.

Other useful contact details:

Online Shop purchases – +44 (0)1635 578 080
    Back Issues of the Newspaper – +44 (0)1988-402221
    Picture Enquiries – Mirror Syndication – +44 (0)207 293 3700
    Overseas Subscriptions – Direct News Delivery, Inflight House, Axis Park, Hurricane Way, Langley, Berks SL3 8AG (subscriptions@dawsondnd.com) tel – +44 (0)1753 485003; Fax +44 (0)208 709 6699

For all other business please write to:

Racing Post
    1 Canada Square
    London
    E14 5AP

Ten Plus
    • Total Posts 812

MANY thanks for instant reply!!
    :)

The real barney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 162

No worries. I know how frustrating it can be!

Ten Plus
    • Total Posts 812

Have emailed them. It really is frustrating – how can you get help with a log in problem when you need to log in to access help?????!!!!!
    :? :? :? :?

sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

it’s the way of the future TP, we’re introducing a new system for people to report their computer problems at work – it’s an online system – you simply log on to the appropriate website and let them know your computer isn’t working – saves heaps of time all round, a real money saver :lol:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

TP

Have you tried creating a new user name and logging in on the new account?
    Has worked for me in the past when I had a similar problem.
    Also going in via Google or some other search engine.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

If creating new user name doesn’t work I would clean my comp up if I were you..could be something real simple

If you get stuck feel free to Pm me and I’ll give you deatils of how to check your comp in minutes.

Ten Plus
    • Total Posts 812

Home now and no joy – no reply from RP though it does say they try to reply within 24 hours during help desk hours – so might be well into the Festival before they get round to me …

I’ve tried:
    a disk clean-up (several times)

trying to access via another email address (on same computer) – same story so I can’t set up another user name etc

trying to access via internet explorer but that won’t even bring the RP site up!

trying to access via another computer – but as that was at a school the site was obviously locked but it did tell me I couldn’t log in – extra explanation under the red log-in to RP which comes up on this computer at home

everything else seems OK on this computer …

????????
    :? :? :? :?

non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

No doubt you have, but just checking that you’ve deleted all your temporary internet files/cookies etc.

This can often cause this type of problem…

Ten Plus
    • Total Posts 812

Thanks for your help but I have deleted temp files…
    :? :? :?

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

It may be worth giving http://www.pcpitstop.com a visit.

Just deleteing your temp files doesn’t clear every thing.

They are highly recommened by almost all help forums.

No need to join or register. Certainly wont do your comp any harm and may just find your problem takes a bout 3 or 4 minutes to check it.

If you haven’t done it before hit the yellow key on page 1 and then again
    on pace 2……click test annonomously and then let’s go on next page.

It will ask you to accept a small programme (totally harmless) just click ok and it will scan your comp free of charge. If nothing happens go back to start and it wont ask you to accept the pprogram again and will work.

It checks your disks, all programs installed internet speeds possible spyware you chache where many temp files are hidden whether you need defragged etc……..plus it tell you how to fix any problems it find. It sponsored like all suites but no silly pop ups…anything it does have you can get from torrents anyway :lol:

Adawar and Spybot are also good to get rid of any crap you may have picked up.

If all else fails it could be your registry. I had the same problem with Tiger Woods Golf I just couldn’t log in at all and fixed it in two minutes. Small program called Registry Mechanic if you have never used one before you probably have about 500 or 600 errors in your registry cos windows don’t have anything to fix them :lol: :roll: if you cant get it fixed let me know and I can email it to you no problem.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.