The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Racing Post Forecast SP's

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Racing Post Forecast SP's

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    CavCav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4809

I’d like to put these into an excel spreadsheet each day.  Is there a source? Raceform Interactive dosent have them as an exportable item in their database. Copying, pasting and formatting from the RP website takes far too long! Any ideas much appreciated…?

(Edited by Cavelino Rampante at 9:14 pm on April 11, 2007)

carlislecarlisle
    • Total Posts 772

Hi Cavelino

do you subscribe to or have access to RI, if so I have a few suggestions.

How do you hope to make use of these Forecast Prices?<br>(just out of interest)

byefrom<br>carlisle<br>

CavCav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4809

Yep I subscribe to RI, I want to compare a horses performance in relation to its FP/SP

Thanks

carlislecarlisle
    • Total Posts 772

Hi Cavelino Rampante

you could use something called DBF 2000 to read the extra data held within the RI database.

On second thoughts, I have been saving the RP card data since 01Jan2007, with a bit BASIC programming the price data can easily be extracted.

PM me your email and I will send you some example data & programming code.  I am not an expert by the way.

byefrom<br>carlisle

(Edited by carlisle at 3:00 pm on April 27, 2007)

CavCav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4809

Thanks mate, just pm’d you.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

CR .. you could always try the Massey site or Racingsystembuilder, both of those will give you this information.

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

One question – why would you want to keep a record of RP forecast SPs?  Unless you’re researching into how amazingly inaccurate they are that is! :biggrin:

carlislecarlisle
    • Total Posts 772

Hi Shadow Leader

it takes me a couple of minutes to save the todays RP racecards. I feel they would be useful for running software simulations. As for RP forecast prices I think the relationship between FP, OP and SP can offer quite a lot.

byefrom<br>carlisle<br>

Mounty
    • Total Posts 455

Don’t know what you’re on about Shadow – RP forecast prices are top notch in my unbiased opinion. :)

Chompy Draw Boy
    • Total Posts 29

Not everyone can accurately forecast a horse to start at 22-1 don’t you know

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

Don’t reckon you know what you’re on about Mounty…:biggrin:

Mounty
    • Total Posts 455

It’s a funny old game producing RP tissues. I got sbuse from a so-called friend of mine for putting Kingscape (3.50 Brighton) in at 4-1 (you could lay 5-2 this morning) but no apology when he went off at 7-2 and finished fifth. Then my Mum phoned me up (from church) and said "why are you 9-2 Kyloe Belle when it’s 14s on Betfair?". Any 4-1 Misaro left?

Chompy Draw Boy
    • Total Posts 29

Mrs Mounty seems a deal shrewder than her son, the fraction king

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.