The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Queen Mother Champion Chase 2011

Home Forums Archive Topics Queen Mother Champion Chase 2011

Viewing 4 posts - 103 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9300

PN has always said Master Minded is ‘difficult to get right’ [he says the same of Tricky Trickster]. I always want him to elaborate on that..is it his breathing, niggly little injuries or whats going on in his head? After today I’m wondering if the Irish horses have had a far less interrupted preparation than the English this winter.

Peruvian Chief
    • Total Posts 1931

Since when was The Tingle Creek a "Mickey Mouse Grade 1"? Since when was any Grade 1 race "Mickey Mouse"?

Lets have a bit of perspective please – I love The Festival as much as the next NH man, but its becoming tiresome how horses are increasingly defined by one day out of the entire season. Masterminded has had a fine season.

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

I think Celtic Swing had physical problems, that’s why he didn’t reach his potential and was retired early. The fact he won the French Derby when not 100% says a lot about his class. (Please correct me fellow forumites if I’m wrong about his physical well being)

Still the most precocious 2 yr old I’ve ever seen – he was streets ahead. And that generation wasn’t too shabby at 3.

Zip

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I’ve come to a conclusion. The majority of members on this forum believe everytime a horse loses it’s cause they were never top class and got lucky a few times and when they win it’s cause they were facing a weak field and got lucky a few times.

Jesus Christ for once just take the result of races for what they are.

Viewing 4 posts - 103 through 106 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.