The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Queen Mother Champion Chase 2011

Home Forums Archive Topics Queen Mother Champion Chase 2011

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    shaund10
    • Total Posts 101

I remember Ruby commentating on Zaarito while injured during the punchestown festival. He said before the 3m race that the horse hasn’t a hope in hell of staying, that he’s a 2 mile horse and running him over 3m was ridiculous. Zaarito was subsequently tailed off coming to about the 6th last.

They really are stuck in no mans land with him. Doesn’t have the concentration to jump in the 2m races, doesn’t stay 3m and iirc, wasn’t great in his novice hurling days over the shorter distances.

• Total Posts 2184

They really are stuck in no mans land with him. Doesn’t have the concentration to jump in the 2m races, doesn’t stay 3m and iirc,

wasn’t great in his novice hurling days over the shorter distances

That’s a tad harsh on him. I got the impression he wasn’t right when Go Native beat him at Naas but he was cantering all over Copper Bleu when he fell at the last at Punchestown. Post-Cheltenham ’09, Murphy gave Big Zeb a confidence booster over hurdles and he’s been transformed since. It mightn’t be the worst idea in the world to give Zaaarito a spin or two over timber to sharpen him up.

He’s in the dialabet at Christmas but I think they’ve missed out by not sending him over to England a few times. He’d get better ground (which appears to be key to him) in the Peterborough Chase or the Desert Orchid and the fences are not quite as stiff as they are at Leopardstown or Punchestown. He also wouldn’t be running into his more illustrious stablemate either.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Mouth watering clash in prospect at Leopardstown, only one missing is Master Minded.

Zaarito is rated only 130 over hurdles, be great to see him entered in something like the Pierse, as I’ve mentioned before. :roll:

Why in Satan’s armpits is Tataniano as short as 9/1?! :shock:

• Total Posts 2184

Zaarito is rated only 130 over hurdles, be great to see him entered in something like the Pierse, as I’ve mentioned before. :roll:

He is in the MCR Hurdle now that Pierse has gone belly up!

http://www.irishracing.com/cards/v5card093201101091435.htm

Why in Satan’s armpits is Tataniano as short as 9/1?! :shock:

Trainer = PF Nicholls

:wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Pricewise today tips Captain Cee Bee for Champion Chase glory. Not much surprise in this as he was never going to pick Master Minded or Big Zeb in reality and the value seems to have gone in Woolcombe Folly. Still Captain Or Big Zeb for me.

Big Zeb hasn’t ran a bad race since God knows when and I have doubts as to whether Master Minded is as good as he used to be, wind op or no wind op.

Captain Cee Bee has always threatened the sublime and if he can show what he’s capable off and put in a decent round of jumping he should be in the shake up.

Participant
    • Total Posts 432

I’ve had a few ££’s e/w

French Opera

at 40/1 with Ladbrokes (NRNB)

Dissapointed last week, but no surprise being his first run and on awful ground

He loves Cheltenham, hasn’t got that much to to make up on the ratings & if he ends up in the Grand Annual (possibly on the same/lower mark than last year) I get my money back

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Big Zeb and Captain Cee Bee will both finish ahead of him in the Queen Mother, you heard it here first.

cornflakes
    • Total Posts 40

Big Zeb and Captain Cee Bee will both finish ahead of him in the Queen Mother, you heard it here first.

Big Zeb will anyway providing he stays up

Sizing Europe has a chance too

Avatar photoRubyisgodinthesaddle
    • Total Posts 1150

Big Zeb now looks a great bet @ 3/1

He is the stand out horse not masterminded

Place lay of masterminded could be in order. Woolcombe folly is the best of PN this year.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

I have Big Zeb, Big Bucks and Binocular in pretty much every ante post bet, with the exception of Captain Cee Bee swapping for a few of them, Master Minded peaked too soon this season, like last year.

bainsey2k10
    • Total Posts 19

Will Master Minded win the QM this year?

In a word – YES

Last year he just wasnt right all year…the one thing you need to do to win this is jump and he will simply jump far too quickly and accurately for anything else

It is a 2 horse race and with good ground Big Zeb just wont be able to go with him when he quickens the tempo, like he did saturday before gettign stuck in the mud

mable57
    Participant
    • Total Posts 13

I have followed TRF for over a year now and have been impressed and entertained by the knowledge and debate that goes on here.Brilliant site.

I an almost certainly talking through my pocket here, but why would HK entertain the idea of putting Somersby in the QMCC when he is clearly much better cut out for the Ryanair? Doesn’t clear fences fast enough and will not get close to Big Zeb in that race. On the other hand, stamina is Somersby’s strong point (look at Saturday and last year’s Arkle). The oppostition in the Ryanair looks average too. It is infuriating for people like me who only have 2-3 antepost bets each year when, after one decent performance, trainers get stars in their eyes and change the target races at Cheltenham. Really hope the trainer sees sense. Anyone got any information on this?

Participant
    • Total Posts 443

See the Victor Chandler Chase thread.

Also here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthre … 2056156950

del_boy
    • Total Posts 386

id personally get on 3’s now.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

3s for Master Minded or Big Zeb?

And the talk about Somersby, he clearly needs further.

del_boy
    • Total Posts 386

big zeb

• Total Posts 14

I will be back Sizing Europe for this come the day and can see him being a nice e/w price, He will get the better ground he needs at long last and will run Big Zeb a lot closer than he did today. He loves Cheltenham and is a horse who runs so much better on better ground so all to play for at 16-1.

For information as I am not sure who is aware Forpadydeplaster belongs to friends of ours and at present they are still hopeful he will run in this race. I am not suggesting he will win, but might be shorter than the current 65.00 available on BF.

He had an infected lung at Kempton and then developed pneumonia by the time they got him home, but is well on the road to recovery and still hoping to grab yet abnother 2nd place somewhere this season!

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.