Queen Anne

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2014 Queen Anne

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by stevecaution stevecaution 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20492

Ladbrokes are the last standing with 2/1 on the board for Toronado so I’ve decided to part with some dosh as looking at the likely opposition the horse will go off odds on come the day.
    The horse goes well fresh and although you would of liked to have seen a run into him the only possible race for that would of been the Lockinge and even although Hannon sent both Paco Boy and Canford Cliffs to that race Toronado is naturally a good worker so doesn’t necessarily need a run to get him spot on.
    The only danger to this horse would be the ground so I haven’t jumped in too heavy as there are plenty of races later in the season and if it was to come up soft or worse then they would hold no qualms in pulling him out as Olympic Glory has already show he has retained his ability.
    The market would suggest this is Toronado’s destination as he has come in from a standout 5’s whereas OG has drifted out as if he had stayed in France.
    Of the others Verrazano of O’Brien’s is next in the betting but he doesn’t appeal in the slightest at 7/2 I wasn’t impressed at all by his ‘staying on’ past horse’s falling backwards he will surely improve though but Aiden would have to be a genius for him to beat my horse. Soft Falling Rain is a group 2 horse, Magician although flexible in trip will run elsewhere, Tullius finished 2nd in a weak field, Sky Lantern will only run in the legs fall off of T and OG, Gregorian is interesting and would be the each/way at this stage at 25’s but hasn’t been seen or heard of since the QE11, Chopin is better over further, Montiridge is a 6f horse :lol: , Mull Of Killough, Side Glance, Producer, Glory Awaits, Indomito, Afonso De Sousa, Chapter Seven and Ansgar are just in the betting for bookies to build up a kitty ante-post half wont run and other half will be tailed off.

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5269

Only worry for TORONADO is lack of run this year normally winner has had a run who was last horse to win this on seasonal debut.

VERRAZANO 7/2

Also nath any chance could get ascot gold cup and and st james palace threads move into this forum

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20492

It wont make any difference to Toronado not having a run Darren as he burns up the gallops and leaves scorch marks, he’s easy to get fit and Hannon will have him spot on. If he loses though this will be the excuse…. :mrgreen:
    I’m not worried who was the last horse to will without a run as by the next time someone asks that question in future years we will be able to tell them that Toronado done it.
    Verrazano will have to drink a bucket of iron bru mate to beat my horse. He will improve for the last run but that wasn’t anything special running past beaten horses. If he wins O’Brien will be called a genius.
    Job done regards St James Palace and Gold Cup threads.
    Good luck.

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20492

If the entries cut up I wonder if Montiridge will be pacemaker again?
    Toronado would hardly want to go a crawl.

IBRacing
    IBRacing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 525

Possibly, although I could see Ballydoyle making plenty of use of Verrazano. He has form over longer trips and he didn’t strike me at Newbury as a horse that would want a slowly run mile nor does he strike me as particularly having a turn of foot at the trip.

trendyrich
    trendyrich
    Participant
    • Total Posts 617

Toronado would defy the trends if he was to win as the last 16 winners had already raced in the same season. Allied forces (1997) was the last to do so.

On his side is his age as 16 of the last 20 winners have been 4yo’s.

Good luck !

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20492

Probably best Toronado didn’t have a prep anyway. The 2 times he blew up(ran way, way short of ability) were his quickest returns from his last race ie Craven to Guineas was 16 days and from Sussex to York International 21 days. The gap from Guineas to St James Palace 45 days and ran a cracker in being beat a sh to Dawn Approach when arguably getting the worse of a bump when getting into a good rhythm and 43 days gap between St James to Sussex. Toronado won on both seasonal debuts the Craven in particular was impressive and produced a faster time then the Guineas itself albeit on slightly different ground. I’d summarise either the horse goes best when fresh or they find it difficult to keep him on the boil for the space of 16 to 21 days or that time span isn’t enough to let him down then build him back up or it could just be a coincidence and in actual fact I’m spouting a load of what Hydrogen clears out….. :mrgreen:

Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20492

Possibly, although I could see Ballydoyle making plenty of use of Verrazano. He has form over longer trips and he didn’t strike me at Newbury as a horse that would want a slowly run mile nor does he strike me as particularly having a turn of foot at the trip.

If Verrazano was ridden prominently it would give Hughes the perfect sit to get cover, stalk and pass the O’Brien horse anytime he pleased, probably in the dying strides, knowing Hughesie. :roll:

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25897

My win only Queen Anne 100% book for good, good-firm in places:

Toronado 11/8

Verrazano 11/4

Tullius 9/1

Soft Falling Rain 10/1
    Anodin 15/1
    Side Glance 33/1
    Mull Of Killough 80/1
    Producer 200/1
    Ansgar 300/1
    Glory Awaits 500/1

Verrazano 4/1 and Tullius 14/1 best bets.

value is everything

andyod
    • Total Posts 4014

So it does not matter which way he is ridden.The other horse is better. What if Fallon rode him? Whoops I forgot Fallon did ride him and he beat the certainty!And the Derby winner.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4014

Forget the above post.I believe it should be on another subject.

stevecaution
    stevecaution
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8281

I see Racebets have put up Sussex Stakes betting and have put Kingman in at 6/4 with Toronado 3/1, only two quoted.

Toronado would have to give Kingman 8lbs and that looks a tough ask.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.